Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Changed the oil and all the filters today. Used genuine ones instead of the one from roughtrax after recent discussions. ( not that there is anything wrong with them)
For those like me who have searched for changing the fuel filter but found no piccys. It is as easy as the search results tell you. Undo the two nuts and unclip the two electrical connections, remove the pipes and take it somewhere with more room.
20170513_125447.jpg
20170513_125121.jpg
Drain it using the little wing nut thing on the bottom, unscrew it all and you'll end up with this
20170513_124450.jpg
@Rosy a selection of grippy plier type things is useful to have...
Screw it all back together and replace. Remember to do up the wing nut at the bottom tightly as it would be REALLY annoying to put it back on, prime the pump and then have it dripping. (I couldn't get enough grip on it in situ)
And for those interested here's the difference between an amc filter and a Toyota.( Who knows about the internals)

20170513_125028.jpg
Attack of the phantom photos. 20170513_125121.jpg 20170513_124458.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the check valve on my head light washers, stops all the fluid just running out!
IMG_2512.JPG

Replaced the check valve on my head light washers, stops all the fluid just running out!
View attachment 126409

My driver-side check valve is leaking again, how annoying is that!

I have a new spare somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it :doh:

Can you post a link or tell us where you got your replacement please, the OEM part is mega expensive from memory and I don't want to send away and get the wrong pipe size (or something otherwise stupid) coming back.

Thanks... :icon-biggrin:

Can you post a link or tell us where you got your replacement please, the OEM part is mega expensive from memory and I don't want to send away and get the wrong pipe size (or something otherwise stupid) coming back.

I did a post on mine a while back Clive. Maybe this can help.

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/washer-check-valve.145976/

IMG_2537.PNG

This is what I ordered, I think a 13mm garden hose right angle might do the same job!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
View attachment 126420
This is what I ordered, I think a 13mm garden hose right angle might do the same job!!!

No it wouldn't, that's the thing with these valves.

They have a sprung pressure valve that's overcome with the pressure of the washer pump. If the spring breaks or goes weak, it leaks.

Nothing else will do the job, I've tried :lol:

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

Last night added some extra insulation to the fridge, used foil bubble wrap stuff. basically made a bag for it so one piece and just joined in the corners, fitted the cover i bought over the top.
Got all the tools etc back in and used a smaller drawer section, not carrying any less just sorted it all out.

Ive added a switch to the inner tailgate trim so i can turn the interior lights off when camping etc, ive got led lighting powered from the aux battery on their own switch so don't need the standard ones on.

Table is now mounted and nicely hidden by the spare wheel, fridge slide is in.
Just need to sort the camping gear today for next weekend.

I'm in Glasgow for work during the week and possibly manchester at the end of the week too!

Fitted new headlamps, old ones silvering on the way out. Pattern, unpowered ones (Depo from KS International) but looking bright eyed now...... if not particularly bushy tailed.

Had a look at the wiring for the lights under the back of the truck and decided, nope, auto electrician! Hes had it all day and apparently replaced all the crustiness but more importantly fiund me the feed for the lights and the fog lights. So I have spent the evening with the soldering iron and.....
Tada!
20170525_205409.jpg
Still need to find a fog light and where to put it but the weather looks nice for a bit. :)

Toyo Open Country 305/70/16s, just my size...

Do you have room for a set of 5 for when you come in August, Shayne?

(only joking, I know how much room they take up, you'd need another trailer behind the camper :lol:)

BTW, are they snow rated by chance?

Not sure about snow Clive but i never see any :cry:

I'm sure i have seen these on ebay offered with free delivery from Germany so i could play the middle man as we did with your headlights and make inquiries about delivering to your office if you like ?

Middle of the spare wheel Nick. Get an flat LED one and we can make a plate to go in the middle of the wheel. Quick connector to the vehicle and you're done.

Not sure about snow Clive but i never see any :cry:

I'm sure i have seen these on ebay offered with free delivery from Germany so i could play the middle man as we did with your headlights and make inquiries about delivering to your office if you like ?

It's worth an enquiry Shayne, thanks mate.

If they're coming from Germany, I can probably arrange transport from Germany to Romania.

Funds are a bit scarce at the minute, but mid June should see me clear for a purchase, if that fits.

After November and through to March, here, snow rated tyres are compulsory, it's a hefty fine if they're not.

Had a look at the wiring for the lights under the back of the truck and decided, nope, auto electrician! Hes had it all day and apparently replaced all the crustiness but more importantly fiund me the feed for the lights and the fog lights. So I have spent the evening with the soldering iron and.....
Tada!
View attachment 126834
Still need to find a fog light and where to put it but the weather looks nice for a bit. :)
Im missing something, whats wrong with the foglight youve already got?

Back