Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Why do you not just rebuild yourself Gary? it's really a no brainer.

Why do you not just rebuild yourself Gary? it's really a no brainer.

Time for one tbh, don't often get a lot during the week.
I need to make time to strip them, clean all the crusty bits up, get the seized pistons out etc. For the small extra cost on top of the repair kit someone else can do all that, they come back all shiny too :icon-biggrin:

The coming back all shiny bit is whats swinging it for me too. Do you go with there seals or supply them with genuine?

Used their kits before and not had issues with the seals.
The price I was quoted is £35 more per front caliper then they sell the kits for! (That's not a painted finish)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Morning chaps, not washed my truck yet after Salisbury and noticed this
20170604_211923.jpg
Nsf wheel. Does it look like normal moistness or something I should investigate further? Cheers.

Ps. There's one damp looking bolt on the passenger side too.

It could be anything Nick. I think that the dust and dirt is acting a bit like developer, so where there is residual oil and grease on the stub, the dust is sticking to it and soaking up the moisture. OK so where did the oil and grease come from in the first place? Yes it could be leaking or might just be left over from when the hub was built up. I'd check the other side of the swivel to see what that's looking like. Bearing grease gets hot and can wick out of small cracks like that. On its own I'd say it's nothing to worry about. Taken as an early indicator, it's worth just looking around to see if there are any other signs.

I looked on the swivel things and although moist it was no more than normal. Only the bitvright by the felt. Thanks Chris. Might pop it off at the weekend trouble check.

Morning chaps, not washed my truck yet after Salisbury and noticed this
View attachment 127328
Nsf wheel. Does it look like normal moistness or something I should investigate further? Cheers.

Ps. There's one damp looking bolt on the passenger side too.
I get that on mine too Nick, when it's dry and dusty.

Reported it to my service guys and they say "nothing unusual, keep an eye on it and if it gets more severe, we'll bring it in".

It's been no worse than that for ages now.

I was checking round the engine bay and stuff as i thought i'd make use of the dirt. Pipe from turbo to inlet manifold moist, prob need new jubilee clips. Steering reservoir lid moist and the steering box which i know is a bit drippy. Just didnt like to see it down there where i've spent money. Might give it a clean up and degrease and then see what happens when it gets dirty on its next outing. (after a quick look inside)

After years of unrest and knocking at the rear of the vehicle over rough terrian replaced the rear anti roll stabiliser bushings along with the front sway bar ones too. Now the suspension feels more settled and comfortable.

Supricing how much of a small things makes a huge difference. :icon-wink:

I was checking round the engine bay and stuff as i thought i'd make use of the dirt. Pipe from turbo to inlet manifold moist, prob need new jubilee clips. Steering reservoir lid moist and the steering box which i know is a bit drippy. Just didnt like to see it down there where i've spent money. Might give it a clean up and degrease and then see what happens when it gets dirty on its next outing. (after a quick look inside)

Its an illness mate - if you look for it you will find it . If it ain't broke don't fix it .

Again that's typical - will your truck get you to Scotland and back a couple of time's as is ? we are just doing a motorway and you won't get as extreme as Lincolm when you get there , it will be fine . Mind you its not a 90 so ................ :laughing-rolling:

IMG_3021.JPG
Again that's typical - will your truck get you to Scotland and back a couple of time's as is ? we are just doing a motorway and you won't get as extreme as Lincolm when you get there , it will be fine . Mind you its not a 90 so ................ :laughing-rolling:
do you remember what happened the last time i went to scotland? I got to drive a volvo for the week.

Apologies i didn't know that :think: would you like me to ask the mrs if you can borrow a truck that will definitely get there :whistle:

Apologies i didn't know that :think: would you like me to ask the mrs if you can borrow a truck that will definitely get there :whistle:
It'll be fine, just the last and only time I've driven it "long distance" it showed up a couple of week points. Since fixed but still, the weekly trip to Sainsbury's isn't all that challenging so it's always in the back of my mind. Same with the Beemer. Had it 9 years and the only time it's conked was in Switzerland.

I'm kidding as you know , we all share the same doubts but don't fret over it if it's gonna go tits up it might just as well do it on the way to tesco as it might half way through Europe but lucks on your side when you drive a Cruiser :thumbup:

Back