Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Decided to change the rear springs on the collie. The ride was a bit harsh on the back end and I had no idea how old the springs were (original ?).
It seemed like a fairly easy job as shown on youtube. In a workshop, on a four post lift, it probably is. On axle stands, on a gravel driveway, when it starts pissing down part way through not so easy! About 5hrs later, after changing wet clothes twice, job completed. Still bloody raining. She feel a lot more compliant now, a lot smother. Well worth the effort. If I ever do them again I will hire lift time.

Toyotas are like busses - you no sooner start working on one when another comes along . . . . :icon-rolleyes: .

Work on the '100' has been put on hold as No.1 daughter's RAV4 is in the garage for a 'Leaking diesel tank' investigation.

DSCN9770.jpg

DSCN9772.jpg

A day spent crawling about on my back and . . . . .

DSCN9773.jpg

Most of the wet is 'Plus-Gas' as I used that to clean the diesel pipe connections before unclipping them.

However, after going at it with a chipping hammer & brush I can confirm that its rotted through along the rear edge :doh:.

No pictures of it scraped & leaking (it was getting dark) but the signs were pointing that way.

DSCN9776.jpg

DSCN9775.jpg

A all too familiar view (I've done a lot of work on the two RAVs over the 10 years that my daughters have had them).

DSCN9781.jpg

Now to see what Amayama are quoting for a new tank, pickup unit, some brackets, 30mm M0 x 1.25 bolts etc. etc. etc.

No wonder my garden is overgrown.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Snap same as mine I got the xt awning take it Larry from Lvb sorted you out?

Yeah Larry sorted me out. I’d like the awning as well but that will have to wait until I save up my pennies. How are you finding yours?

It’s very good got the mother in law making me up some tapered sides for it. I’m the one that got Larry importing them lol.

Mot time!

Pass. No advisories.

How many modern cars will manage that at nearly 20 years old.

Nothing more exciting than fitting a pair of S/H Escape Gear seat covers to the Rust Bus.
They are a bit faded but none fit the 80 seats like these do.

IMG_2165.JPG

It’s very good got the mother in law making me up some tapered sides for it. I’m the one that got Larry importing them lol.
How do plan to make the tapered sides? Have a awning with the Velcro on the edge and was thinking about this idea, you can buy them but they are expensive and non tapered??

Something of nothing but this cheapo eBay torch has outlasted many others , holds charge for months on end and lasts for 3 or 4 days camping until I accidentally dropped it out of my roof tent . Since I’ve had to shake hell out of it until it would switch on .

Loose wire soldered back and I’m gonna call it old faithful from now on :icon-biggrin:

DEEE0880-8B99-4C00-9FF0-840DE853744B.jpeg
EFA17AA1-1D44-4508-A00F-3C649CC10795.jpeg

Get stuffed its mine , decades in development and years of copyright courts and sourcing manufacturers , i got told off by the mrs for making a mess to !

Was in BnQ the other day and noticed a broken and bent Trolley so i asked if i could have it, Yes they said.... Iv got a job for that i thought! so set to with the welder, Hey presto, Beats dragging it about on a Pallet.... Aren't them Engines Heavy

Attachments

• DSCF0079.JPG
    DSCF0079.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0080.JPG
    DSCF0080.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 39
Back