Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Timing belt changed and props/UJ's greased. Also added some CV grease to the hubs.

Having rear bumper of Lil Blue bashed square again, but this could be the end of Lil Blue as rear body mount and floor might not be financially viable to pull out.

Trev, does the floor need to be completely flat? I'm sure you can weld a new body mount in the new position, after all it is just an off road toy.

trev
from what i looked at at lincomb li bent is not a right off. you should be able to get that back into shape with a porta pack no worries. I thought you said you did have one?

post some more pictures with it all striped down and will talk you through it if yopu like shame your so far other wise could have poped up.

stu

^ What Rob said! :icon-biggrin:

You cant end Lil Blue Trev! :eusa-naughty:

I know you want an 80 but Lil Blue has years of mud bashing left in her before she can be retired! :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You witnessed what I did to LJ on that fateful laning weekend in Wales Trev and it was far far worse than what you've done to Lil Blue, in comparison thats just a scratch! :lol:

Body mount

6AD47237-C48F-434D-A564-CF3F8E966625_zpseddp46uc.jpg

Boot floor

9FD362C3-D204-4F36-8614-923F2361A0C6_zpsyn21fcew.jpg

Reformed bumper

AE19AAC2-5909-4E98-898C-FF3B0EF3A1FC_zpsbieg2mse.jpg

452154DD-EE45-45CB-9BD5-1F024003032B_zpsstgwhui6.jpg

I think you Guys are right, having looked at it again I think it's worth giving it a go and see what result I end up with. That work is earmarked in 2 weekends time and I think my PortaPower is is going to earn it's keep on this one.

Looking much better already Trevor. :thumbup:

You bumper was the hardest part Trev. You have made a nice job of that. Thefloor and mount should be a walk in the park.

That really doesnt look that bad What i would do is secure the chassis to something solid eg tree/ building/ lampost. then you could winch the rear corner into place the beat the floor down on the bump with a sledge hammer and i think it would be close. give me a ring if you want talking through it mate.

I took the bumper to a guy from the Northants 4x4 forum I'm on, he's a legend called Scott and works only a few miles from me. He has the right equipment that I don't and a proper number 1 persuader, he looked like Thor when wielding it and has a good eye for this sort of stuff.

PM your number over Stu, would be good to chew over some options before I get stuck in.

That really doesnt look that bad What i would do is secure the chassis to something solid eg tree/ building/ lampost. then you could winch the rear corner into place the beat the floor down on the bump with a sledge hammer and i think it would be close. give me a ring if you want talking through it mate.

Caveat the foregoing, don't recommend using a lamppost, they're usually founded in chewing gum and won't offer any sort of resistance other than just for "leanin' on" :lol:

There not that bad in the uk. I did pull one out of the ground before winching a iveco 7.5t recovery truck up my hill before.

There not that bad in the uk. I did pull one out of the ground before winching a iveco 7.5t recovery truck up my hill before.

Maybe things are better than they used to be. Years ago, oh dear, 46 years ago when I do the math, I used to drive a Commer Bantam flatbed part time Saturday job for Corona Soft Drinks (does anyone remember Corona?). Anyway, I was reversing kerbside to find a suitable park-up place to stock check the load. Not paying enough attention, I hit a lamppost with the open edge of the door. Squished the door and leveled the lamppost!

We we were all surprised when the council came after Corona for the repair. I don't know why, we'd jammed the pole back upright using empty Corona bottles! :lol::icon-rolleyes:

That bumper has a few stories to tell. Persevere dont give up on lil blue yet

Wow Trevor. Hat doffed in your direction. That is remarkable. Told you that powder coating was thick!

Mostly in the last week or so but got my new boots fitted and ran a lead out to the winch so I can control it from the drivers seat. Just me being lazy really...lol
a8ahe7ah.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Nice boots, love the MUDs but will you be using them on the road? They're a bit slippery in the wet... IMO

Back