Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Dave, Craig ...

PICS NOW!!

Rear winch bumper? Come on let's be 'avin it then! Accurately drilled holes for runners - I'm going dizzy!

Chris

very nice storage system Dave - drilling them holes must have been a nightmare!
like the water storage system on fridge slide - neat

Dave, sorry Buddy. Missed that. Had a boy badgering me to download a bowling voucher and a Mrs yapping in my ear about mortgages.

Now I just have to wipe up this drool!

Top job. Won't be able to sleep tonight.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Plan on doing some maintenance to the body later on........

Bring on the Guiness :lol:

Chris said:
Dave, Craig ...

PICS NOW!!

Rear winch bumper? Come on let's be 'avin it then! Accurately drilled holes for runners - I'm going dizzy!

Chris
heres a couple will do a thread in the week some time

1cd13abe.jpg

0b12fdbb.jpg

Attachments

• 1cd13abe.jpg
    1cd13abe.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 0b12fdbb.jpg
    0b12fdbb.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 77
Made a pair of front recovery attachments,

4.75t tested shackle in place
IMG00056-20110527-1204.jpg

Enfield-20110326-00091.jpg

Got it right this time..

Attachments

• IMG00056-20110527-1204.jpg
    IMG00056-20110527-1204.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 50
  • Enfield-20110326-00091.jpg
    Enfield-20110326-00091.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 52
Depends how the rest of the day goes but I'm planning to change the cone washers for ones that haven't been mashed with pliers and also replace any of the hub studs that are bent, Milner's or thread damaged. I'm stunned at the cost of cone washers, by the way.

Well that was an absolute sod.

Took ages to get the slightly mangled cone washers off the slightly mangled studs so I set about changing the studs which all go reasonably well until one that decides it doesn't want to bother with having threads any more so no way to get the two nuts to keep hold of it. I then set about mangling it horribly with some channel locks, got maybe two turns but mashed up the surface so badly that nothing would grip it so out comes the angle grinder and a slitting disc but no joy getting a screwdriver to do the job, they either snapped or were too big to go in far enough with a reinforcing nut around the slot.

Nothing left for it but to drag the welder out and weld the nut in place. This worked, thankfully as I was completely out of ideas at that point.

Three hours to change six little studs. Still, it will teach me to bend the tab washer tabs next time I'm in there :doh:

changed timing belt on the 120 :dance:

Under sealed the wheel arches, Kurusted the rest of the chassis, refitted my CB (and the whole dash of course) tried to get the oil pressure gauge working (failed) stripped out the rear area ready for drawers, installed the air lines (now 7mm not the std 4mm internal) put tyre puncture goo in all 5 tyres and finally installed a new head unit in the dash. My Pioneer GPS pop out screen thing had a bit of a turn and frankly I couldn't see it recovering. So I thought I'd nick the TomTom out of my Co car when I need it and just have a cheapo unit for music.

Well, it has DAB so now I have Planet Rock absolutely everywhere, it has iphone connectivity with headlining mike and all the dialling functions etc, it plays music via bluetooth, has a USB interface that charges, an SD card slot and a std 3.5mm jack too. All for £130.

Can't complain.

So all in all quite a busy weekend. All tidies ready for laning on Saturday.

Chris

Changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter on LB. Would have been a quick job except I could not get one of the bash plate bolts off.... it's just spinning around... Managed to swivel the front plate around enough with the wheel off to get to the sump plug....

Tony, that isn't the one under the passenger footwell is it - near the wishbone?

If it is, you can get a spanner on the nut above it. It used to be captive many years ago but brake away. So I stuck a not on. I thought I had migged it in place but maybe not.

Chris

Back