Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Thank you Frank rabbets, i've taken off the tailgate trim and checked the wires and they seem to be ok, the power is still going to the central locking mechanism on the tailgate, my other option is to split the wiring conduit between the tailgate and the body.

Thank you Chapel gate, sorry to be ignorant but would this be on the fuse board? also i'm confused because fuse box cover clearly says fog lights 15amp on it but there is nothing there,no metal prongs where you push the fuse in.

Not exactly maintenance but trying to set up techstream.
First I installed tech stream in my personal laptop. Then after reading some posts here, I started looking for dedicated windows 10 laptop but they r expensive so I purchased a windows 10 software and trying to install it on an old laptop lying at home.
This old one only works on direct power supply so got one new battery for it.
Thanks to Landcruiser it’s making me learn n do many new things.

Attachments

• 40AE883B-5CD3-4499-95BC-D14A842D0401.jpeg
    40AE883B-5CD3-4499-95BC-D14A842D0401.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 34
Ram, that 15amp fuse position you have looked at, I think could be for front fog lights, and as Clive said, you need your lights on for rear fog to operate.
My imported 78 had one fitted by importer/seller to comply and operates that way.

Thank you Frank rabbets, i've taken off the tailgate trim and checked the wires and they seem to be ok, the power is still going to the central locking mechanism on the tailgate, my other option is to split the wiring conduit between the tailgate and the body.

Thank you Chapel gate, sorry to be ignorant but would this be on the fuse board? also i'm confused because fuse box cover clearly says fog lights 15amp on it but there is nothing there,no metal prongs where you push the fuse in.
Yes, the one by your right knee.

Swapped in regular bulbs to replace the white leds in the door puddle lights.
New wiper blade on the rear.
3 coats of light grey coloured leather balm to freshen up the leather seats.
Fitted new bonnet struts from SGS engineering.
More jobs tomorrow

You don't like the LED interior lights? I put them in on the 120, I think it made a big positive difference!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I dont like the white light, preferring the yellow which i find much nicer on my eyes. I usually have three or four touches to hand in any case if i need to look around in any dark areas.

Greased up propshafts as well!
Removed the daylight running lights/ indicator combo that has been causing occasional indicator faults. Had to fit a new bulb holder to drivers side the adapter fitment had rusted itself to the bulb holder. Here's the stuff that I removed.
IMG_2482.JPG

The correct amber bulb in its holder

IMG_2483.JPG

Changed power steering fluid.
Changed the idler puller on aircon belt
Changed the bearing on the aircon adjuster pulley.
Went to fit the toyota supplied aircon elt and realised they have sent me the longer belt which is too long. When I was ordering he was not sure which belt would be right. I'll have to speak to the parts department on Monday and get the right one ordered in.
Changed the interior bulbs as planned.
Replaced the failed stop tail light on passenger side.

Will do an oil and filter change tomorrow all being well.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot worse in all fairness - pulled one out of a V8 Landy with no cooling fins at all and more radweld than you could shake a stick at....

Fitted the replacement aircon belt, and put a spare on the shelf.
New car mats arrived - one the drivers one has had some of the plastic bag it arrived in melted on it it when they I presume seam welded the bag shut. Shall see how this wee drama unfolds. UPDATE - new mats on the way. so i can keep the slightly damaged ones for when I green lane.
Used Techstream to disable up and away on the steering wheel. fuse for same now back in its rightful place.
Gave the airfilter a clean.
Adjusted handbrake. full on at 6 clicks now not 9 clicks as before. Checked the brake hubs with an infrared termometer after a 3 miles odd run. All good.
Ordered:
2 x Toyota axle breathers
silicone host to extend front and rear axle breathers
2 x replacement front fog lamps

Changed oil plus fuel filter in the last two weeks, MOT next week so today its wheels off brake service and a general checkover and grease the props, probably paint the year old front calipers whilst down there.
Rattle gun charging up as i type.
Getting too near to 70 now for my liking, getting up again after sitting down isn't getting any easier.

Second coat of lanugoard on the underside.
Fitted dustcaps to the bleed nipples on the back calipers.

Spent 15 mins cleaning the dash and steering wheel today - kids were joking about in the backseat and made me laugh so hard that I spat out the Monster I was drinking into my lap, steering wheel and dash. FFS...

Back