Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WHO'S GOT THE SNOW ?

Same as Les, we got 7-8" of snow last night, so it's building nicely. Trains were a disaster so stayed and home and did the nursery and school run. Because we were running late, I wasn't able to help a 1 series beemer that was waggling its @rse side to side but making no forward progress.

After dropping my 2 yr old at nursery, I had a quick spin around the untouched and empty car park (nursery is in the clubhouse of a rugby club so big unpaved lot) - snow had built up to maybe 18" so it was exciting spraying the snow all over the place :mrgreen:
Fingers crossed it keeps coming! Hoping to explore a bit this afternoon and play good Samaritan!

Only had a dust last night. Been snowing this morning for the last couple of hours and still going.
Truck wouldnt start again today.
Ive got three 80s at home and not one that will start :x
The cold has killed the batteries.
Goin to buy two new ones for my truck but looks like im going to have to spend 200 quid.
Makes me mad when i have so many batteries that were ok untill now.
Im pulling my hair out at home
:thumbdown:

Karl, pop round with a front diff and we'll go out in mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

STILL snowing here. We had about 2 1/2 " in the night and it's just covering over again.

We've had a bit more , it's now about 7" deep on that sheep and little table at the end of the garden.

1-2.jpg

Well, we had a couple more cm last night. On my way to doc this morning, I pulled a transit van out a ditch. I was behind him, the back wheels let go on a slight uphill, sliding him sideways into the water run-off.
Without much fuss, pulled him clear or ditch and to the main road.

Stopped along another country lane with a micra sitting in a hedge. Asked the police standing next to it if they wanted a tow. He said thanks but there was a branch through the radiator so no point.

Need more snow!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
karl wester said:
Only had a dust last night. Been snowing this morning for the last couple of hours and still going.
Truck wouldnt start again today.
Ive got three 80s at home and not one that will start :x
The cold has killed the batteries.
Goin to buy two new ones for my truck but looks like im going to have to spend 200 quid.
Makes me mad when i have so many batteries that were ok untill now.
Im pulling my hair out at home
:thumbdown:
Cor blimey Karl - you need the wind to change direction soon...

Very good!!! :lol: But someone doesn't seem to know their inches from their centimetres!!! :ugeek: :lol:

His wife has told him they the same thing...

Gary Stockton said:
Just pulled the front off a Peugeot van - pics to follow :)

Ouch, bet they weren't happy :doh:

I opened my front door and there was two feet of snow outside.

Twofeet.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wil try to post some pics tomorrow but im in the Czech republic and have loads of snow around us near te polish border.

Unfortunatly it a renault scenic with snow tyres for me rather than the cruiser.

Seems to have stopped here now...

Here's the puggy-wagon I broke earlier :D

4735912e.jpg

My "new" cruiser, today over the top of the Pennines :D on a 700 mile round trip of the Uk in 24 hours, snow what snow haha

IMAG0308.jpg

Yep. It was bolted to the front crash bar ... So much for that then. Just glad his airbag did not go pop :shock:

Beautiful clear blue skies today. But frozen solid.

C

Back