Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WHO'S GOT THE SNOW ?

Nor Manchester which is also strange

Want some. Snow parcels gratefully received

Gone here. Someone must have been in the night, shoveled it all up and dumped it somewhere else. I have never seen so much snow disappear so quickly.

Looks like most of the plants in the garden have been squashed though. No wonder those glaciers carved out huge valleys. Just 2 feet has flattened my Rosemary!

Chris

Allegedly there's another downfall due next thurs and fri then on xmas day 5ft !! we'll see !

Nick

help. I need a series of excuses for christmas day on why I need to skip dinner at the outlaws. "My Country needs me!" If it dumps down somewhere on christmas day, I am driving there. I shall come with my new Jetboil :dance: :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One of us could get stuck and be in desperate need of rescue. Not an 80 of course though, one of the IFS crowd.

Given it's still 6 degrees here and pissing it down, I'm struggling to see us getting the forecast sleet today and snow from tonight.

Snowing in Edinburgh again this morning. Stopped now but more on it's way I'm told :)

Just had BIG flakes and man it's cold.

Chris

got about an inch of fresh and drifting badly

a 14 ton truck and 4 ton load of brieze blocks came down hill on the dead-end road past our house, then was stuck down by the burn, as it couldnt get up other side. there is sheet ice under the snow, i fell on arse going to investigate what was happening.
i knew it was pointless using landcruiser or winch to try and pull it, i would have had no traction on the ice with 17 ton on end of the tow rope or winch rope! we thought about calling a farmer and tractor but the neighbour receiving the load, had a 1/4ton dumper barrow thing so filled it with sand and used to that to sand the hill the lorry had come down. he managed to reverse back up and has aborted delivering the load.

Its just started coming down in Tarvin... Not very heavily though...

Piers, as Karl and Chris have said it's snowing here in Derbyshire and when it started, it too was 6 degrees and raining, so fingers crosed it maybe on it's way for you !!

Nick.

Driving back from BOAB earlier it was about 6 degrees and raining but now the rain has gone lumpy so the temperature must be dropping :D

Just wet and 5 degrees here.

Going to Brussels on Eurostar for the weekend, they are saying up to 2'. We'll see how accurate they are compared to the met office :D
Please god (or whoever the hell runs things round here) Let me phone work from Belgium on Monday giving a bl**dy good excuse as to why I can't get to work (insert fingers crossed smilie that still hasn't turned up - Crispin ;) )

Have a thoroughly pleasant weekend Les - I wondered why you weren't on the trip to Wales... :lol:

Back