Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

You can edit!!

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
So after a number of requests, both on ye olde forum and this new shiny one, I've had a play with the (new) editing features and I think it's going to work ok.

Members with a certain amount of posts (I think 200 is the trigger) will automatically have editing enabled for a year on all their posts.
If you edit a post, you have to give a reason for the edit. Before the edit is saved, a backup is made of it that post and saved as a history tag for the post. The history is, I believe, visible to all users. It's certainly visible to the poster, me and probably the mods so if something does happen then it can always be rolled back to a previous version. The historic snapshots cannot be changed and are set forever so, if you declare your undying love for the new Discovery 4 then that cannot be undone.

The downside:
There is one downside (for now, working on a fix for it) Members below the trigger point have a zero edit window. i.e. you cannot edit a post at all. It used to give you 30 minutes but it's gone now.
There might be a way to fix it and have best of both worlds but until then (soonish) you'll have to use the preview button extensively and learn to prof read.

The trigger for the number of posts has not yet been set so most of you will not see this change. Depending on how busy I am tomorrow I might get a chance to do it.

Please don't cock about with the posts (Sure you won't anyway...)

That is all.
CP:

Is there something to click on where we can see how many posts we have made?

EDIT;
Just found the total posts list.:oops:

Well done Crispin,

I think the longer term members are mostly responsible, and generally want to do good for the forum.

Gra.

Hang on,Hang on,Hang on,,,,,,,,,,,,, where is the edit button though ?

Gra.

Hang on,Hang on,Hang on,,,,,,,,,,,,, where is the edit button though ?

Gra.

The trigger for the number of posts has not yet been set so most of you will not see this change. Depending on how busy I am tomorrow I might get a chance to do it.
;)

<silly word to lengthen message>

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back