Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1995 Jap Import

Congratulations Warren, looks great. :thumbup:

Whats are your plans for it? :think:

Apologies if you've already answered/mentioned this, I'm running late for work so havent had chance to read every post yet. :oops:

Cheers Andy. I will just check the O ring and see if I can find where it is leaking from and go from there.

Congratulations Warren, looks great. :thumbup:

Whats are your plans for it? :think:

Apologies if you've already answered/mentioned this, I'm running late for work so havent had chance to read every post yet. :oops:

Hey Ben

No plans yet just want to diver her a bit and see what needs doing first but seen as my 100 is going I will turn her into a bit on an overlanding motor.

Remember that over the years oil will have been dropped out of the engine filters when they had been replaced. Components underneath may appear to have a leak but may not.

Thanks Frank I will take a look.

I plan on doing a base line fluid change ASAP but whilst removing fluids i might as well do all i can rather than have to drop fluids again.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
warren whats going on with the oil pressure. this was something that was checked a couple of times on the test drive. its it stuck in the middle or at the bottom of the gauge?
stu

Hey Stu

Bottom of the gauge not moving at all. Im going to plug in my Inteli Tester two in the hope it reads and gives me some info. Im not worried but want to make sure that it is where it should be.

Nice motor, trust it all is as expected, I had a similar model first thing I did was to get rid of the mirror on the wing....

here in Uganda the mirrors on the wings auto disengage in the traffic anyway....

Finally sorted out insurance, you would be surprised how many insurers rule you out on the basis of being a Jap import. Ended up with the Co-Op fully comp for the wife and me with 9 years no claims protected no claims for £335.

I know it does not cover off road but that's for me to worry about later down the line as I may well change insurer at some point once she is modified.

Now i can start to look at the maintenance and getting on top of the niggles.

It must be a postcode lottery, AF were £220 on import 80's with Sheena and myself on. They said it made no difference it being an import but did have to have an immobiliser fitted which they did have.

Andy

AF where £388 but I have just googled and read too much negative press about them to be confident in going with them.

There where top of my list and I will revisit them when the mods are done but for now it's just a town car with maybe a trip to the plains for a BBQ.

Moral question. Being a jap import she used to read in Kph. I'm not sure why but I guess it was law the speedo had a converter fitted back in 04. The problem is that odometer was not reset to show mileage but rather left in kph. So ever since it's been racking up the miles but as it is not from the reading it should be it's showing higher.

I have attached the receipt to show the work done but can/should/would it be ok to reset it to the true reading.

ananetem.jpg
e3ybysag.jpg

I have Mot's to back it up.

If you can work out how can you let me know as I want to correct the reading on a mph clock and replace it in my import.

Andy

Great rig, the leaking swivel is grease and dust mixed up, for the moment give it a good clean up before MOT, I would be more concerned about eh DRY swivel ball, gets some grease in there toot sweet! OK to the oil pressure gauge, first check to see if there is ANY movement from ignition off and on, even the slightest movement would indicate that it is the almost certainly the sender which is adjustable. The fuel tank reading high sounds like the sender unit has given up the ghost, been there done that on both counts http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-lc-80-thread.365673/

regards

Dave

Thanks Dave

I plan on doing a full front axel rebuild ASAP but want to get the engine right first. I plan to address the front axel in 4-6weeks time. There a very slight movement on the oil pressure and I have a new sender on order to arrive next week. I will check the fuel tank sender tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for the link

Back