Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A late summer bbq meeting ?

Shayne you not got them lights fitted yet?

Can't fit them because they don't match up with the toyota side lights , they will be going on ebay i think . Shame because both my headlights are broke .

Last edited:
This is not the place/thread to discuss it on Sag but the Toyota side lights are more or less held in place by the main headlight and i imagine the angel eyes are the same but half and half are not compatible . End of thread jack sorry folks :oops:

Quick thought... is it worth us compiling some feedback for the organisers - like a more structured response, rather than a whinge? Just a thought.... as I'd like to help keep this going, rather than piss on it for being not exactly what we expect or want. What do you think, guys?

Quick thought... is it worth us compiling some feedback for the organisers - like a more structured response, rather than a whinge? Just a thought.... as I'd like to help keep this going, rather than piss on it for being not exactly what we expect or want. What do you think, guys?

thats a great idea, we should get something like this together.

if nothing else, if will give us some sort of a benchmark on todo/not-todo for future meetings as well ( even if they are not at the show )

I'm happy to help compile the overall doc, if everyone wants to just post their thoughts here to the thread..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
there was alot of confussion when i went in as to where to go and who to speak to. nobody knew where the cruiser club even knew where we were set up so was just driving around looking for a short while.

the lay out is shocking of the show they have so much wasted space if they set everyone up in rows that flowed so you could walk around a lot better.

food stalls would have been good but we all got by one way or another.

apart from that there was enough to look at and buy for me i really enjoyied the club gathering if we do it again i think a bigger fire, more wood and a BBQ we could all use like the Camel trophy boys had would work well.
I will look at making iof enough interest from people.

stu

Every year it's been the same, no logic in the way stands are set out, I think that is a major point for the organisers to look at.
I must say that when I arrived at 5pm on Friday those on the gate did know exactly where the club stand was so maybe the half dozen people already there had trouble.
I did hear that some food stands just didn't turn up. The lack of food stands wasn't a big problem as most of us had brought their own.
I will do the whole week-end next year but only if we have a club stand apart from that there wasn't that much to attract me back again for more than one day.

Constructive criticism .

The show is a victim of itself inasmuch as it specifically targets self sufficient patrons who are experienced in the shows theme and educated about available products and so it's just a venue (camp field) for a get together of like minded people to chat and nothing more .

It is not a cash generator for anyone but the organizer .

Put up a bouncy castle , bring in some candy floss , face painting , coconut shy and whatever else , call it a fair and bring the town in . With luck this might actually fill the car park but even then it won't need 3 parking attendants to tell you to park on the end of the line of parked cars :icon-rolleyes: . The wife and kids get a fun day out and dad goes home (having spent a small fortune on burgers and ice cream) thinking about trading in his mondeo for a 4x4 .

Back