Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

an Early summer meeting 2016

Hi all sorry been very busy buying and selling a house. Then went to Wales with no communication for a while.

I hope this is still on I am up for it.
I will lead a trip around the plains but will be off the cuff as I go.

Then I would also like a day to sit around drink lots and make a potjie for the day at some point as need to un wind.

I don't mind how small or large the group is going to be just need to get away

Stu

great! you know you cant miss it Chris!

Hi all sorry been very busy buying and selling a house. Then went to Wales with no communication for a while.

I hope this is still on I am up for it.
I will lead a trip around the plains but will be off the cuff as I go.

Then I would also like a day to sit around drink lots and make a potjie for the day at some point as need to un wind.

I don't mind how small or large the group is going to be just need to get away

Stu

Think we're just waiting for a when and where. Is a potjie what my uneducated mind would call stew in a round pot?

Yes it's amazing. Stew on a fire....

Can we have a fire there?

Mr GOK is the man in the know but I think he's been away working so it's a mystery at the moment.

KB is currently on a plane from Boston and will be sorting everything out very shortly. I spoke to him earlier. He has had customer issues that were very unexpected.

They do get in the way of fun and they are not always right....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I do hope he hasn't taken his backpack again. [emoji20] Those across the pond can get a bit, shall we say, anxious at times.

Poor KB. [emoji20]

Hi folks,

Apologies for radio silence, been hectic the last few weeks.

So we had a few issues with the original site - as a work around, I've got us a corner area at http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/england/new-forest/hollands-wood-campsite Hollands Wood campsite, its a large space, and we should be set with all the concerns including pets and spread out site.

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/docs/default-source/docs/pricing-guide.pdf has prices, we are looking at £32.05 for vehile + pitch ( includes 2 adults ) or £39.00 which is 2 adults + 2 children

I've got a sheet at : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/126NTL7cTbGPejtuUvBYMWmdujYju5i8ezslIyO61K0w/edit?usp=sharing - please check your entry and let me know if all details are right. Please check the arrival and departure dates.

In terms of activity - the larger plan is to focus on kick back and chill, but if there is interest we can try and do a lane or two on Sat / Sun ( the plains are not far, and being a bank holiday should not be a problem -other than being maybe a bit crowded in parts ). There are also a few walks and cycle tracks in the area we can hit.

I do hope he hasn't taken his backpack again. [emoji20] Those across the pond can get a bit, shall we say, anxious at times.

Poor KB. [emoji20]

so, funny story - tempting fate here, but I've never actually ever had a problem into and out of the US. Moving around in the EU on the other hand has become a huge pain in the rear end.

regards,

I've stayed there many times woo!

image.jpeg
Local supermarket had good pud!
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    866 KB · Views: 161
so, funny story - tempting fate here, but I've never actually ever had a problem into and out of the US. Moving around in the EU on the other hand has become a huge pain in the rear end.

regards,

Glad you didn't get a hard time KB. I'm not sure weather to see your not being stopped as a positive or the EU's extra caution as a positive.

I will be there I expect on Friday night and will do some lanes Saturday but would like a day chilling so will be to do maybe a day laning on Sunday as a few will only be with us Saturday afternoon.
I think I will be on my own but think Chris will Co drive for the laning day.

I will be there I expect on Friday night and will do some lanes Saturday but would like a day chilling so will be to do maybe a day laning on Sunday as a few will only be with us Saturday afternoon.
I think I will be on my own but think Chris will Co drive for the laning day.

sounds good, we might join you guys on the lanes.

If its not too late I shall make my way down there and join you guys. Speaking to Stu today and he's promised to lay on dancing girls and a free bar. So I couldn't say no. I want to give the trailer a work out.

If its not too late I shall make my way down there and join you guys. Speaking to Stu today and he's promised to lay on dancing girls and a free bar. So I couldn't say no. I want to give the trailer a work out.

Hi Chris, what dates were you thinking ? Its certainly not too late. I just need to get the dates down, and get the payments etc sorted out.

regards

Sent you a conf in Google. I'd be down Sat lunchtime leave Monday Trailers are extra I see so it's 1 adult, 1 car and 1 trailer, no ground tent.

Sent you a conf in Google. I'd be down Sat lunchtime leave Monday Trailers are extra I see so it's 1 adult, 1 car and 1 trailer, no ground tent.

cool! added in, see you in a few days

I'm trying to get my act together to join you guys for a day, possibly as a passenger if someone will have me[emoji4]. I've got brakes binding and want to get them seen to before I go too far, though I have been leaving it due to needing it for work and just not getting the time or weather or both.

Back