Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

an Early summer meeting 2016

We'd better have a round up of who is still coming. Sorry you're not camping Lund. Going to be cold I think and a warm bed does sound attractive.

had to scrape the windscreen this morning :(

Snowed here last night. Didn't really settle but it was proper snowing.

it needs to be atleast 2 nights ( you can stay for a day, but the site wants 2 nights paid for over the bank holiday weekend ). Would you then want it to be fri/sat or sat/sun ?

Hi There,
Sorry for the late reply, thought I had flu, turned out to be Lymes disease (Tick Bit for us Saffers). Down and out at the moment.
Will only be able to do a day visit on Sunday if its possible and Ive recovered enough.

Regards
Shayne

Only just clocked the camp site prices. Deff will not be there Friday night. That is bloomin expensive camping. Not much more to stay in a motel. In the Peaks the other week I paid £7.50 a night and that had full facilities. 4 nights in the Lakes at Easter was £40. I'll see you boys as early as poss on Saturday

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, we are talking about probably one of the most expensive 'camping real estate' areas in the country…over a bank holiday. There are cheaper sites but there probably won't be any in the New Forrest any cheaper.

Other than our company's own camp site at Stockbridge which I stupidly forgot about. Doh.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/126NTL7cTbGPejtuUvBYMWmdujYju5i8ezslIyO61K0w/edit#gid=0 is updated, I've paid for the folks on the confirmed list, if more want to come, you can - the site still has open spaces.

also, since we are less than 10 vehicles overall on the confirmed list, they wont let us just have a part of the overall area, we will need to cluster in ourselves. I hope to arrive by early afternoon on the 29th, and will try and scope something up.

@Lund - no fire's but coal based bbq's are accepted, if raised off the ground. I suspect a fair bit of coal is going to get burned over the weekend!

@Chris - might need to checkout your 12v blanket setup, i think thats something we might invest in as well for future trips. Friday is expected to be 3 Deg at night! So I guess just about Stratford night1 levels.

I thought it's was only £30 ish for the camping

It's looking pretty shite for the weekend isn't it. Typical. I might have to get the Foxwing and sides up. Once the grass gets wet it's just mud city. I'll have my lecky blanket for sure. And a hot water bottle. I do have a fire pit that's in the truck. I can put that off the ground so we don't singe the grass. Need a bit more charcoal though.

Don't worry, once we all get going there'll be plenty of space around us.

If i finish on time and the little twat in the office hasn't stitched me up again i'll be leaving sunny St. Albans about 4ish with 90 something miles to do. Hopefully arrive in time for tea unless kfc drags me off the motorway! See you all soon.
Kb are we paying you or the campsite? Need to know if weather to get cash out.

OK so I just might make it down tonight. Just checked with our camp site. £16 for the night. I'll see if I can get away in time.

If i finish on time and the little twat in the office hasn't stitched me up again i'll be leaving sunny St. Albans about 4ish with 90 something miles to do. Hopefully arrive in time for tea unless kfc drags me off the motorway! See you all soon.
Kb are we paying you or the campsite? Need to know if weather to get cash out.

To me please. Folks on the confirmed side are all setup, paid for already. Just give them your first name when you get there. Also, I will PM everyone my mobile number, let me have yours as well.

We hope to arrive there at the site by 3pm.

regards,

OK so I just might make it down tonight. Just checked with our camp site. £16 for the night. I'll see if I can get away in time.

hey,

so - just to confirm you are paid up for Sat night and Sun night already. do you want me to add you on for today night as well or will you just wing it with them onsite ? note that they said something like 'no arrivals after 8pm'

Noooo - I said OUR camp site. Not the one we're all booked onto. We have our own company camp site with log cabins and so on. I'm booked in there and will come over in the morning. I think it's a little too far to pop over tonight to see you though

Hi guys,

We are running a bit behind. Should be there by 5pm or so. Huge traffic :(

Made it to the m3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 119
Well that's me set up and beer at the ready

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 123