Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone filtering WVO?

If you want a centrifuge, I have a couple that are going 2nd hand. I might be able to fit you up with a pump too!

I am using used vegetable oil for my landcruiser 80 and my tractors. I firstly filter the oil in a large drum by hand. To do this first process one must have a very thin wire mesh over the drum. I forget what grade it is but look for the least per dots per inch. After covering the drum with this mesh get a cheese cloth and cover the mesh on top.

Now you are ready to start the first filtering process which I call the preliminary stage.

Get the cleanest used Vegetable you can and pour slowly into the drum. Do this till it is full and also cleaning the crap from the cloth on top of it builds up. Once this is full one must wait for a least a month for the remaining crap build up in the oil to fall to the bottle of the drum. Just a note using this method one can do this with many drums so one does not run out.

Once the wait is over a filtering kit will be needed to successfully process the oil to 10 microns and then to 1 micron.

I purchased mine from Clive in Wolverhampton

http://www.dieselveg.com/waste_oil_processing.htm

Using this kit the oil is then filtered further after a month into another barrel or even vehicle ready to be used. I put it into another strorage unit with a tap on the bottom so I can used fill up my jerry can.

nathanrobo said:
If you want a centrifuge, I have a couple that are going 2nd hand. I might be able to fit you up with a pump too!

I would be very interested :thumbup:

karl

Indigo Spirit said:
I am using used vegetable oil for my landcruiser 80 and my tractors. I firstly filter the oil in a large drum by hand. To do this first process one must have a very thin wire mesh over the drum. I forget what grade it is but look for the least per dots per inch. After covering the drum with this mesh get a cheese cloth and cover the mesh on top.

Now you are ready to start the first filtering process which I call the preliminary stage.

Get the cleanest used Vegetable you can and pour slowly into the drum. Do this till it is full and also cleaning the crap from the cloth on top of it builds up. Once this is full one must wait for a least a month for the remaining crap build up in the oil to fall to the bottle of the drum. Just a note using this method one can do this with many drums so one does not run out.

Once the wait is over a filtering kit will be needed to successfully process the oil to 10 microns and then to 1 micron.

I purchased mine from Clive in Wolverhampton

http://www.dieselveg.com/waste_oil_processing.htm

Using this kit the oil is then filtered further after a month into another barrel or even vehicle ready to be used. I put it into another strorage unit with a tap on the bottom so I can used fill up my jerry can.

My process is similar to this. I leave to stand for a month and pull the good oil off for filtering

Karl

Guys

Check this picture out on this link... Maybe somebody could show me how to embed

IMG_1187.jpg

This a cake of contaminant that I pulled out of my biodiesel on final polish... why is this interesting? The fuel is already filtered through a 3mu absolute filter. I.e. not your standard full flow filter that only catches 60 - 80% of the contaminants at it's rated size. Also some contaminants like the HMPE's which form part of the cake in the picture are soluble and will pass through filters.

WVO will also have stuff that passes through filters. Gravity will accomplish a lot but compare gravity 1g with a centrifuge 2000 g

{Admin - Nathan, embed the link in the

Back