Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eu in or out poll

I still believe Brexit was the right choice and i think the gov are starting to realize it too . The doom and gloom reporting continues but when has establishment ever admitted they were wrong .

Negotiations are simple really - be nice and we will go with the flow or upset us and we will bring the union to its end .

I still believe Brexit was the right choice and i think the gov are starting to realize it too . The doom and gloom reporting continues but when has establishment ever admitted they were wrong .

Negotiations are simple really - be nice and we will go with the flow or upset us and we will bring the union to its end .

I'm quite amused at the criticism of Boris Johnson on the grounds that he is not diplomatic.Good on him.I have just finished reading a book about Prince Philips alleged faux pas and if some people took offence at his words,they are very thin skinned.Diplomats may the good Lord protect us from them.
I do believe that Neville Chamberlain was quite the diplomat.

The brain drain has already started, I had one of those ad's on my facebook page advertising positions for Doctors and medical staff in Australia and New Zealand.
Combine that with the impostition of new contracts on junior doctors and we will see an exodus of highly skilled medical staff.
Then the NHS can be dismantled and privatised under the cover of "we need to be more competive in order to recruit doctors"

gidday Hope,I'm at the age when the repairs and mtce on my frame are a common occurrence and having private health insurance only go to the best in their field.All had initial training in NZ,the majority went to finishing schools
in the better hospitals in Britain and occasionally one would do an extra course in the USA.Nowadays if you have the bad luck to go for treatment to the public hospitals in NZ,you will likely get Chinese, Indian or other (third) world countries.I say lets again get close to Mother England.Pat

Chas,I was in a position of influence at one stage and the appointment of a new chief executive was imperative.I had scouted out the contenders and came to the conclusion that a lady from Bangalore in India was streets ahead of the pack.I had a private yarn to her told her of my predujice against women and Asians but said if you apply I will support you and we remain friends to this day.Quality must win.

gidday Hope,I'm at the age when the repairs and mtce on my frame are a common occurrence and having private health insurance only go to the best in their field.All had initial training in NZ,the majority went to finishing schools
in the better hospitals in Britain and occasionally one would do an extra course in the USA.Nowadays if you have the bad luck to go for treatment to the public hospitals in NZ,you will likely get Chinese, Indian or other (third) world countries.I say lets again get close to Mother England.Pat

That's the problem, It's great if the drain empties at your end but what about the plughole end?
We lose all our trained and experienced medical staff.
It actually happened in Europe with places like Poland having a huge shortage of construction workers as many had left for the UK and other countries.
As for where your doctors are from, Even if you poach them from Mother England you'll get highly trained, qualified and skilled doctors whose parents/grandparents are from China/India or other "third world" countries.
I see the students at Otago university out on the piss and having huge parties on the street, The foreign students are very much under represented.
There is something about paying three times the university fees that a Kiwi does that motivates them to work hard.
I wouldnt care if they trained a labrador to perform a bypass if i needed one :)

Reactions: Pat
I can't remember when it was (following WW2 or early 1970's ?) in answer to a shortage of qualified persons Britain built training hospitals in India to improve medical facilities there while giving them ample supply of trained staff to import .

Funny old world eh , i have often wondered at the true reason behind the scheme , cheaper obviously but was it quicker ? can they qualify in half the time out there or something ?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't remember when it was (following WW2 or early 1970's ?) in answer to a shortage of qualified persons Britain built training hospitals in India to improve medical facilities there while giving them ample supply of trained staff to import .

Funny old world eh , i have often wondered at the true reason behind the scheme , cheaper obviously but was it quicker ? can they qualify in half the time out there or something ?
when you look at those archetypal jobs that indians do, whether it be taxi driver, corner shop keeper or doctor, they are all jobs that require long hours and a serious work ethic, thats the difference. Frequently immigrants do the jobs the indiginous people are too lazy or too up themselves to do.

I think the MBBS or whatever the qualification that SWHML (she who hates my Landcruiser) is studying is the same worldwide.
Sounds about right regards the training hospitals. I do know that during the height of the MRSA superbug crisis, hip replacements were beng conducted by flying UK patients to India for surgery as it was cheaper and safer. So its not just your sky tv or your bank that outsourced work...

when you look at those archetypal jobs that Indians do, whether it be taxi driver, corner shop keeper or doctor, they are all jobs that require long hours and a serious work ethic, that's the difference. Frequently immigrants do the jobs the indigenous people are too lazy or too up themselves to do.

And those that are running the corner shop/driving the taxi etc are only doing it as that was all they could get - they then push their children to do a lot better by getting a profession (Doctor/Accountant/Dentist etc) or starting up on their own.

Clicky here for an old BBC story on it; there was probably also a need originally to provide food from the home countries - much like the Poles etc are doing in their sections of towns which also have traditionally been the immigrant areas... I'm thinking here of the Oxford Road in Reading - during the 1990's it was Asian and African, last time I was there it was Eastern Europe. This is very similar to the British pubs in Costa Del Crim...

And those that are running the corner shop/driving the taxi etc are only doing it as that was all they could get - they then push their children to do a lot better by getting a profession (Doctor/Accountant/Dentist etc) or starting up on their own.

Clicky here for an old BBC story on it; there was probably also a need originally to provide food from the home countries - much like the Poles etc are doing in their sections of towns which also have traditionally been the immigrant areas... I'm thinking here of the Oxford Road in Reading - during the 1990's it was Asian and African, last time I was there it was Eastern Europe. This is very similar to the British pubs in Costa Del Crim...
Not really the same as Paddy's Irish bar, which is aimed squarely at holiday makers (although to some extent some expats)
Indian restaurants don't serve food that Indian people eat, they serve a westernised version of it and the shops cater for the staple diets that people miss from home, generally, 1st generation (and probably beyond) immigrants to the UK don't spend their time in bars and restaurants!

I have spent a lot of time in hospital and had more operations than i can count , the best Surgeon i ever encountered was a Welsh guy . An Indian Surgeon was the most compassionate and the worst was an English Surgeon who will become an intensive care patient if i ever see him again .

Reminds me of the uproar i caused by refusing to let "that German b*tc^" put another needle in my arm . They threatened to call the police and all sorts :wtf:

Eventually it dawned on me they thought i was being racist or something which made me laugh and so i explained "i don't care if she's from cuckoo land or planet mars , the fact is she is rubbish and i wouldn't trust her to put a straw in a cup" . My arms were so black from her previous failed attempts the hullabaloo ended there .

Not really the same as Paddy's Irish bar, which is aimed squarely at holiday makers (although to some extent some expats)
Indian restaurants don't serve food that Indian people eat, they serve a westernised version of it and the shops cater for the staple diets that people miss from home, generally, 1st generation (and probably beyond) immigrants to the UK don't spend their time in bars and restaurants!

I know what you mean with the restaurants - here in Armidale we have a large university population from SE Asia, as a result the local Chinese restaurants have 2 menus: one in English for the Aussies, and one in Chinese for the Chinese and serve quite a different menu!

I know what you mean with the restaurants - here in Armidale we have a large university population from SE Asia, as a result the local Chinese restaurants have 2 menus: one in English for the Aussies, and one in Chinese for the Chinese and serve quite a different menu!

My local Chinese place was ran by an Indian fella married to a Chinese lady:)
You havent lived till you've eaten your Chinese meal with a Nan bread.

My local Chinese place was ran by an Indian fella married to a Chinese lady:)
You havent lived till you've eaten your Chinese meal with a Nan bread.

My wife has not been well for a while and as a result I've been doing the cooking.Over the years have been no better than a bloody rough bush cook,
so I phone my sister,an old mate ex navy cook for advice and have blundered through.Imagine my surprise when my latest effort fried rice ,onions and carrots won praise.All I can say they must have lost their taste buds as it looked like Sh-t.I'm not starting a cafe.

If we get our waters back, and our fishermen are catching the fish, and landing them in the UK, then sorry but as the saying goes British jobs for British people and it's our waters anyway
As the article says the French fishermen didn't care when they were catching the fish and the UK boats weren't, and the UK boats were decommissioned

Pokemon.jpg

What the ..... is a pokemon? and why are they chasing it, is this the new euphemism for "chasing the dragon"

Back