Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally a keeper

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Well, as a few of you saw at lincomb.I have finally got my keeper. I have the auto 12v 80 that is going to be kept for lanning and risk of damage driving and the Keeper for work/overland and general use.
Couple of pics.

Attachments

• 24v 80.jpg
    24v 80.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 24v 80 01.jpg
    24v 80 01.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 96
How did the drive home with the 'tweak' go, Karl?

Looks nice that Karl,
So did you use the new one to trailer the old one down to the event?

Gra.

24v 80 02.jpg24v 80 03.jpg

Ive had it for around a month and it has been very hard to keep it quiet untill Lincomb. So far i have put the spacers on,Mint tailgate painted and fitted.Whilst painting the bonnet bumper and rear bumper ends done and wiper scuttle due to the old wiper linkage being worn and rubbing on the paint. Rear draws in may be temp untill i have some made up by my fabrication man.Spring assisters on the rear.New genuine bushes on the rear lower arms and new wheel bearings. The number plate on the first pics was the previous owners and its now sat with its R plate on for the time being.

Gary, as soon as i left we had the climb up away from the farm and straight away i could tell it was a massive improvement. Drvive back was fine but i had alot of weight on the trailer and in the black one so took are time. Had a blow out but apart from that all good.

Graham,Yep dragged the green lanner down on trailer as wanted to give the black one a run.Plus was pleased i had brought it and like trevor wanted lincomb to be the first time to be seen. I obviously wanted a play so the green one had to come along aswell. I tow all the time so it was no hassle at all. Plus i could bring a few extra bits down and bring a few extra bits back.

Grant, cheers:cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
First swap was for the black coated wheels. Put the BFG 285/75/16 tyres on (cheers Chris:icon-wink:)

I was drooling all over that on Saturday - a lovely truck and the best colour IMHO. :icon-cool:

A blow out with an 80 perched on a 4 wheel trailer ?
Guess that caused a bit of a faf ?

Gra.

IMHO the smartest looking 80 at Lincomb! :drool: :clap:

Thanks everyone :icon-biggrin:

Its nice to actually be happy for once.It has always been hard up to know with most trucks ive had as i have always been in two minds to keep it or not. When i got my heart set on the last back one i missed i knew that the next one that came my way if it was good enough i would keep.

Graham,the standard 80 jack sent the trailer up with little ease. I drove it off the main road and got onto a side road due to some of the idiot drivers around then swapped the wheel.

The colour was the main thing for me Chad. I wanted the last amazon in manual.Milage wasnt a issue as it never is for me.

Thats a fantastic looking truck Karl !
The black alloys suit it.:icon-biggrin:

Thanks for posting the speakers:clap:

Thanks Neil :thumbup:

For me the black alloys against the black truck is a must.

Glad the speakers arrived ok. Obviously i chucked a spare in with you being understanding with the wait.

Did the opposit wheel bearing yesterday so both new on the front now. Gave it a wash last night as well as the laner after the state it got in at Lincomb.

Parked it up last night and put it in low box and twisted the diff lock switch(only to give me more time if anyone trys to have it away. Started up this morning and drove off to find that both lockers work :dance: I have tried them when I got it and neither would go in. First truck I've owned where they have both worked. Well happy :icon-biggrin:

Back