Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally a keeper

The tints are legal on the front. Had tints in a few cars and they can be dangerous at night if your not sensible! Im a biker so I know how important it is to look then look again.

Clive. I use the carrier to mount my roof top tent to. Been on a fair length of time tbh. Took the tent off just after Lincomb tho. Need to uprate it at some point.

I got all the windows tinted on my Astra yesterday and was surprised to be told that over here its not just the front windows and windscreen that have to let 30-35% light through, but all the windows.

So now I've got 5 windows that are illegal as opposed to 2 if I was in the UK. :?

Cruiser looks great Karl. :clap: :thumbup:

What is the bike? :think:

I can see the point of the fronts on a motor Ben. The rears as well tho....

Bikes another Yamaha YZF R1 had to buy it with it being black. :icon-biggrin:

Yes he got an optical gizzmo out and it was 4% above the legal limit, very close to the factory windscreen in appearance. I didn't know it had had a tint. The rear side and tailgate are very dark tint from the factory buts thats how they all come.

176.jpg

Andy

The limits for UK vehicles is 75% transmission on the windscreen, and 70% on the side windows. Doesn't form part of the MoT test though, it's a Police/VOSA check.

Yes that sounds about right, 34% light interruption is what he said.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not too bad then. I bought an Audi S4 from a reputable dealer a while back with tints all round. 22% transmission on the front windows. :eusa-naughty:

Not as of yet Brian lol. Need to set the blooming thing up tho as its far too hard. Prob been on the track at some point.

Either that or the previous owner was the "If I turn everything to max it'll make me faster" type :doh:

Not the most comfortable of bikes around town even in the standard set up , my bro in law sold his when he got fed up of his wrists aching all the time but he is 6ft 4" . Handlebar risers and adjustable rearsets on the cards maybe .

:lol: your not wrong Shanye. I have another r1 that I've owned 7 years. Your not so bad when your doing 60mph but the earlier r1s are very bad on the wrists. Rear sets on both my bikes.
I have just got rid of a r1 street fighter with straight bars. A lot more comfortable but couldn't grasp the riding position. Sports bikes defo for me.

R1 Streetfighter :drool: sit up and beg (for forgiveness) :icon-cool: Full modified fairing , straight bars , custom (raised) seat and adjustable rearsets , a man of your skill could sort that in a weekend surely Karl :lol:

e

I've owned 2 R1's in the 30+ years I've been riding. One of the first '98 models and an '04, the first model with the underseat chimneys. Really liked the 04, sold it in '11 (longest I've ever kept a bike) in favor of a 1198SP. Sold it 3 months later, nuff said.
Replaced that in March '12 with probably the best allround road bike I've ever had, ZZR1400. Heavily revamped over the earlier models it's a really mile eater. The engine is superb and the handling is truly amazing for it's size/weight. Done a few 800 mile day trips to Scotland and back and it's easy and if you like straight line speed and raw power it'll crap on a R1. I have to say though that the 1198 was the best pure sports bike I've ever ridden, better even than the fireblades and the Gixer1K I had a few years back but it was just far too hard core and track focused for me. Must be getting old 'cos comfort is high on my prority list these days!!! Just don't get the streetfighter thing I'm afraid. I'd never have an unfaired roadbike.

Last edited:
Doodle,the streetlight just didn't suit my riding style at all.

Shayne. Both my r1s have adjustable rear sets,wavey discs on this black one and ohlins etc etc.

Tow pack. I know some of the tourers are really nice to ride.Maybe when I get that my wrists can't stand it any more then I will go on to something else. Had the first R1 for so long I can't see me selling it. If I buy something newer I will just loose money.Plus when you get to these types of toys I won't use anything that has any more usable power than what I already have.

I'm not surprised Karl, the only bike of that style that I got on with was the Speed Triple...and only after I changed the forks, shock, bars, levers, rearsets, seat etc etc.

About 6 months after getting it properly dialled, I smashed up my elbow and couldn't ride it anymore :doh: so ended up with the Multistrada. 157hp at the back wheel in the chassis of an overgrown supermotard keeps it exciting.

Last edited:
My trip on a Multistrada ended up with this:-

208.jpg

Not much fun when you're chasing a ZZR1400 at 137MPH and thinking "something doesn't feel right here".
One hell of a bike though.

Andy

Back