Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally a keeper

Cheers Carl :icon-biggrin:

I agree Annamarie the dark green are nice and my lanner is green. What i like is the black ones you seen hardly any of them.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Not added anything on here for a while.

Just had a second tank made and coated. Similar to JW tank. 160L tank I think.

Also got my hands on a 2inch old man emu set up. Not sure if its going on here now or on another truck I've got as a project.

What kind of price does the tank go for Karl?

Hi Grant
For the tank alone it has cost me around £370. Ontop of that is all the filler necks,change over valves etc etc. Thats another £400 ish I think. Yet to buy those yet.

Sounds like it will almost be a factory install. Looks really good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice looking 80, where does the new tank mount?

Thanks Gary :icon-wink:

Not many of these black ones around.

It mounts where the spare wheel sits.

Be a few quid to fill both tanks!!! It's when someone pulls behind you at the garage to put a tenner in :) :)

:lol: Gary

Thing is,I make and run on bio fuel. Filling both tanks should cost around £75 and give me approx 1200mile range :icon-wink:

I'd need a bit more then £75 to do 1200 miles lol!

Very nice Karl. Who did the work as it looks top notch. It's the one thing I would like to fit on mine but at £1200 for the tank and bits its not a cheap accessory.

I know Gary. I've put my fair share of pump diesel in these things over the last few years :lol:

Warren.
i have a couple of local fab lads who do work for me. I have the tank designs made now so at the touch of a button it can be plasma cut out.
To get the cost of the tank itself down I may be able to do them as kit form and people stick them together themselves. Quite a lot of work though. I'm having another tank under the other truck once I'm ready for it.

Well not done alot on mine for a while.
Just had all the rear windows behind the rear seats limo black ( darkest you can get) fronts have also been done again in a smoke.
image.jpg
The photos don't look that different from the photos when I bought the truck. In person it's a massive transformation. Love how it stands now.
Next job is to fit my Old man emu 2inch lift with rear airbags and uprated springs for the load.
Rear draws frame being powder coated as we speak.
Need to fit my new Bfg all terrain tyres onto a different set of black rims.

Last edited:
Looks just fine Karl, and it will still retain its original look with a 2" lift.

Any plans for the roof carrier?

Mine had been overloaded by the PO and it had dented the roof. It was totally useless to carry anything, I couldn't even mount a pair of ski carriers on it successfully!

In the end I removed it and had the dents repaired at the same time as blanking all the holes it left behind.

Be careful of the tints on the front sides - mine had them when I bought it and I never had any issues for 5-6 years. Though it could be a bit dangerous at junctions at night.

The car was stopped on a mobile VOSA check about 3 years ago and the (front) tints had to be removed on the spot! :eusa-naughty:

Love your new toy! :icon-cool:

I got pulled by a police interceptor in my Chevy Tahoe for the front windows having a light tint, something I didn't realise, just a few% too dark. Got a fine for which I was furious as cars were driving by with dark tints on their front windows. However I haven't removed the film yet, as it looks quite a job.

Andy

I got pulled by a police interceptor in my Chevy Tahoe for the front windows having a light tint, something I didn't realise, just a few% too dark. Got a fine for which I was furious as cars were driving by with dark tints on their front windows. However I haven't removed the film yet, as it looks quite a job.

Andy

If you got a fine Andy, then the law must be quite precise as to what tint is allowed (or more precisely what isn't).

I have no idea, here there are cars with fairly dark tints, but the fronts are always lighter than the rears.

As a member of the EU I would have thought the rules were the same in RO as the UK. Maybe this isn't covered by EU legislation.

Back