Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally a keeper

Scorpions...eugh. Horrible tyres! :lol: I think my set lasted about 2500 miles.

Last edited:
Nice bike!

Never had that and never want it lol. I run rensports. Ex track tyres. Don't last vet long but nice a sticky.

jeepers, I thought my old ice cream van GS1000s was quick! (it was a blue & white one!)

Steve

Last edited:
That's some impressive footage - that merc is ridiculous!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jeez, that's scary footage.

Imagine turning onto that (quiet) road, you'd be lucky to even see the SL63 as a tiny spec in the distance, over a 1/4 mile away. Then suddenly just 5 seconds later, he's up your rear bumper doing 200mph! :wtf: :shock:

Last edited:
It's all good until you park wrong .
leg002_zps3e1f8fb6.jpg

I got one like that, from hitting a cyclist trying to meet his maker but mine's tiny in comparison. :oops: Although when my wife saw it after the accident she said it looked like a raw hamburger. :lol:

DSCN1343.jpg

Jeez, that's scary footage.

Imagine turning onto that (quiet) road, you'd be lucky to even see the SL63 as a tiny spec in the distance, over a 1/4 mile away. Then suddenly just 5 seconds later, he's up your rear bumper doing 200mph! :wtf: :shock:

After seeing Shayne's leg, his picture is scary leggage!

Jeez Shayne, lessons learned I hope. It can happen to anyone, even the best and most experienced.

The Merc vs R1 is insane, on a motorway wouldn't have been so dangerous, but on a single track 2 lane.... ?:wtf:

Last edited:
Nasty Shayne. I did wonder if it was a bike bump when you were on the stick at Lincomb.

Only lesson learned Clive is "it can happen to anyone" , with the usual prejudice against motorcycles i was convicted , it took years of fighting before a court finally concluded i was 100% innocent of any wrong doing . Still here though , and i shouldn't be , and still love bikes but won't have one while there's still 12 years later a 50/50 chance of amputation .

Hence the 4x4 the next bugger that gets in my way is coming down with me :lol::icon-evil::lol:

The Merc might be shifting, but he isnt catching the bike in front !

Wonder what that was?

Pete

The Merc might be shifting, but he isnt catching the bike in front !

Wonder what that was?

Pete
The Merc passed him at 1min 2sec into the video, then the R1 passed him on the inside.

To compete with something like that Merc you need a bike with genuine 200+Mph performance which the R1 just doesn't have. It has neither the power or, probably more importantly at those speeds, the aerodynamics.
Most new bikes are restricted to 300Kmh/186Mph anyway (we all know that 186 is MUCH safer than 200!!:lol:) but on the ZZR1400 it's relatively easy to remove and hello 200+.
Add to that standing quarters in the mid 9's and 0-186 limiter in 18 seconds. That's giant killing performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70HkJ3qkbtQ

Last edited:
I may have to have a go on one of these 1400s Towpack.........

Obviously no good on the uk roads with me plodding around at 60 though like I do on the snail of an r1 :lol:

Eastern Europe. The further east you go the worse the driving. They learnt on ladas, but now drive kit like this and haven't really adapted too well. They also seem to have a very poor sense of self preservation!

Not denying the above, but I wouldn't call Sweden Eastern Europe...:whistle:

Back