Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hairyguy's kzj70 build

hairyguy4

i've always known the rear corners were bad on my truck, mainly because i could see daylight through the jack stowage area but always deicded out of sight out of mind but as im building a new rear bumper i might aswell do the rust aswell

my new lights frsh from france

14022011478.jpg

wheel arch is in really good condition
14022011485.jpg

same can't be said for the corners
14022011486.jpg

these are going to be welded like this to give me more clearence in the corners
14022011488.jpg

Re: attacking the dreaded rust bug

14022011494.jpg

old bumper
14022011481.jpg

new one in progress which is a cut down aftermarket rangerover obbie with brakets removed
14022011483.jpg

thats all for today but will chop the other side tommorrow then onto welding!

So where are you going to get your mains supply from :?: :lol:

14022011478.jpg

haha lol, will have to invest in a converter :D

Where did you get the new lights from, how much and are there any problems in fixing them?

Cheers

Roger

very similar to what im doing.

my new rear lights will be in here in a few weeks from Australia.

need to sort my rear corners which are as rusty as yours. i did think of cutting them off how your doing yours, but i think i will probably restore my rear arches/corners using repair panels from Germany.

i will be making my new rear bumper soon, which will incorporate a swing away spare wheel carrier and possibly a rear winch. :thumbup:

the rear lights ive bought:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

the repair panels im going to buy:-

http://www.autoblechteile.de/index.php?cPath=48_81

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looks familiar, they are a bit of a rust trap at that end, nice job with the cut, wish I had thought of that when I did mine, ended up welding and filling which took ages...

5439547756_1e0c8d6b71.jpg

is alot better in terms of originality though repairing, sounds a silly question but where would i find the fuse box on my truck? is a non ecu engine

both the massive gaping holes are now welded up, just have to do a few tacks on the inside but will wait and use works ramp for that, the bumper has also been redesigned, it's now going to have tubes rap around the edges instead of the plate now so will offer alot more protection aswell as looking much better

24022011540.jpg

24022011544.jpg

24022011545.jpg

24022011536.jpg

attacking the dreaded rust bug

Great job, looking good, I need more welding practice!

looks good. :thumbup:

did the new lights plug straight into your wiring loom, or did you have to cut and re-connect your wires?

i will have my lights this weekend. :)

ben said:
looks good. :thumbup:

did the new lights plug straight into your wiring loom, or did you have to cut and re-connect your wires?

i will have my lights this weekend. :)

had to cut and reconnect them, it aint a pretty job lol but they work, im going to use the offisde reverse as my fog, just need a red bulb

just a quick update, chopped the feck outa the rear bumper ready for when the tube gets here

25022011550.jpg

front bumpers here, new tyres should be here tomorrow (bfg km2 285 75 16) being fitted by myself on landcruiser 80 wheels and hopeflly the tube for my rear should be here tomorrow aswell

01032011564.jpg

26022011560.jpg

It's looking good but there is one mod. that, in my opinion, really improves the back end, and that is to move the number plate upwards. You take off the lamp assembly, junk the inboard mounting and fit the outer lamp assembly to the "creased" area just below the Toyota motif. It fits easily with just 3 holes to drill. Then have a square no. plate made up, and stick in place with double sided tape.

Roger

PS If someone tells me how to post pictures, I will show you what mine looks like.

Roger Fairclough said:
It's looking good but there is one mod. that, in my opinion, really improves the back end, and that is to move the number plate upwards. You take off the lamp assembly, junk the inboard mounting and fit the outer lamp assembly to the "creased" area just below the Toyota motif. It fits easily with just 3 holes to drill. Then have a square no. plate made up, and stick in place with double sided tape.

Roger

PS If someone tells me how to post pictures, I will show you what mine looks like.

yep i know exactly what your thinking :thumbup: was going to do it eventually, for the pics though get a photobucket account and once your in just copy the img code and paste it directly in here :cool:

a small update

02032011572.jpg

got myself some 285 75 bfg km2's

02032011573.jpg

Back