Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 30th September - 1st October

Amazing what influence a few chicken wings can have, eh? What was the secret ingredient you said' you'd put in one 'special' batch Nick?

Hi thanks to all good weekend bit of off roading good to see all of you thanks Chris for the tank and you Andy big help for me see you all next time from Tony:thumbup:

No problem at all Tony. Always happy to help in a parts chain. Never know when you might need to get something from A to B.

As a few of you already know My play 80 let me down at 5 yesterday morning leaving for lincomb. Thinking it was surely just a cv on the passenger side as I'd done driver's side in the week, and I was collecting some later from Lorin anyway I considered continuing the journey with cdl locked. However as only 8/9miles into 125 trip I limped home and swapped trucks. How glad am I that I did. This is what I found tonight.

IMG-20171001-WA0007.jpg IMG-20171001-WA0006.jpg IMG-20171001-WA0005.jpg IMG-20171001-WA0003.jpg IMG-20171001-WA0001.jpg IMG-20171001-WA0000.jpg IMG-20171001-WA0001.jpg

Me and George had a great time, much better than the weather! Nice to meet some people and have a nosy at their trucks. Looking forward to the next meet when 'mush' might just see some mud

No problem at all Tony. Always happy to help in a parts chain. Never know when you might need to get something from A to B.

Whilst Maria and I only got there for a couple of hours it was well getting up at 6am to make it all work.
There are quite a few to thank, nanely Trev and Karl for organising, Tony for his field and woods yet again.
On the parts chain issue, Shayne for locating,fetching from and bringing the bash plates for the Collie, I didn't know when I bought it that the factory ones were absent. Gary for bringing the boxes and a big thanks to Josh for bringing them to ours on his way back and dropping them and the bash plates too. Lorin for the load sensing valve and bracket too.
Apologies to Nick for forgetting the tread plate for his bumper, got about 20 miles before I remembered.
It was great to see everyone we knew,TonyT for a couple of mins but there is always next time when hopefully it doesn't clash with something else.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks everyone involved.
PS. Woo Woo!

As a few of you already know My play 80 let me down at 5 yesterday morning leaving for lincombit happenedd to mr Thinking it was surely just a cv on the passenger side as I'd done driver's side in the week, and I was collecting some later from Lorin anyway I considered continuing the journey with cdl locked. However as only 8/9miles into 125 trip I limped home and swapped trucks. How glad am I that I did. This is what I found tonight.

View attachment 133666 View attachment 133667 View attachment 133668 View attachment 133669 View attachment 133670 View attachment 133671 View attachment 133672
Oh bugger, I've had that happen three times now not a pretty sight at least yoi managed to get home my wheel parted company with the truck when it happened to me.

Thanks everyone as always trev and the caravan/massive tent crew. Ian toby and lorin. Another big thankyou to Tony for the use of the land and the shower/toilets without this we wouldnt be able to have the meets.

Nice to see old and new faces as always.

Also as Andy said thanks to everyone who either had bits off me or brought bits for me.

Thanks everyone as always trev and the caravan/massive tent crew. Ian toby and lorin. Another big thankyou to Tony for the use of the land and the shower/toilets without this we wouldnt be able to have the meets.

Nice to see old and new faces as always.

Also as Andy said thanks to everyone who either had bits off me or brought bits for me.

I'm still loving the re covered steering wheel on the Collie Karl, recommended.

Thanks everyone for a great first lincomb! Was good to put names to faces, the shopping list is now longer (mainly your fault Chris) and I'm wondering about an 8274 bumper so I can get to the out of the way punches.... Truck drove perfectly back down to Guildford despite not being treated at all well all weekend, they are awesome machines. Even made a new American friend who followed us on his motorbike until we stopped for lunch on the m5, as we "look like we have tools!" So we got to do motorbike repairs even!

A quick picture of before everyone had to come to our rescue this afternoon...

image.jpeg

Big thanks to everyone who organised goings on, clockwork comes to mind.

Rob

I had a great weekend, even though I just parked up on arrival on Friday and didnt move till it was time to leave. Great to meet everyone again, and the new members as well.

Many thanks to Trev and all for organising and to Tony and Becky for letting us use their land.

Roll on the next one :)

Thanks for a great weekend - everyone involved, and Tony for letting us use the space.

Inspite of the weather, it was a great couple of days.

Even the ladies managed to get a game or two of croquet in.

20170930_110609.jpg

Was good to meet up and put some faces to names. I will there for the Saturday next time to catch more off road

Feedback - distinguish the camping signs from the from the off road course signs :smile: - my poor dinky trailer.

dis1.jpg
First Disaster - taking the camping trailer around the pylon broke the beer! Good job the Gin survived!

dis2.jpg
The biggest trailer in the world.
pan1.jpg Panorama of the camp site

dis3.jpg
dis5.jpg
PA010390.jpg PA010391.jpg PA010392.jpg PA010393.jpg PA010393.jpg PA010394.jpg PA010395.jpg dis4.jpg PA010388.jpg PA010389.jpg PA010396.jpg

As a few of you already know My play 80 let me down at 5 yesterday morning leaving for lincomb. Thinking it was surely just a cv on the passenger side as I'd done driver's side in the week, and I was collecting some later from Lorin anyway I considered continuing the journey with cdl locked. However as only 8/9miles into 125 trip I limped home and swapped trucks. How glad am I that I did. This is what I found tonight.

View attachment 133666 View attachment 133667 View attachment 133668 View attachment 133669 View attachment 133670 View attachment 133671

Lucky gav.

Bit of a mess mate

View attachment 133666 View attachment 133667 View attachment 133668 View attachment 133669 View attachment 133670 View attachment 133671 View attachment 133672

So what was the root cause gav, did the nuts come loose?

Looks like the stub axle sheared off the birfield.

So what was the root cause gav, did the nuts come loose?
Really not sure Ben. Wasn't much left of anything. Bearings were in bits stub axle hub nuts all mangled and welded together. Enough heat to have blued the break disc. End of the cv as you can see seriously melted. I did hear a bang about a week ago from the drivetrain somewhere but it didn't happen again so daftly ignored it. Can only guess this May have been the start of events. Amazes me just how these old tanks refuse to be stopped. Didn't really hear anything untoward but it's a noisy old thing anyway. Had no steering wobble or anything. Was driving normally I thought so much so was leaving for lincomb in it. Anyway he's all back together by 7 last night and been out in it tonight.

Back