Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 90 series colorado, laning spec to begin with..

Danny b

Country Flag
uk
Thought I would start a page of my own, 2001 d-4d Colorado in green.
Brought it in November totally standard, previous owner includes Duke of Norfolk from new for 10 years, I am 3rd owner. After thinking I had found a good platform which in reality it still is.... Once home I sorted different lock, then removed under trays for inspection and found an oil leak! This turned out to be the sump, to cut a long story short Milners sorted me a sump for very good price, while front diff was out I replaced the seals and rebuilt the front prop and installed a duff drop kit. Also replaced the suspension lifting it +2", new drop links and track rod ends it now finally on the road! Oh and wheels and tyres changed...

During this time I also started work on the winch mount which is now fitted, Rock sliders and roof rack build next! I am motor sport fabricator by trade hence I build my own bits.

Hers a few pics of the journey.

IMAG1791.jpg IMAG1773.jpg IMAG1798.jpg IMAG1807.jpg IMAG1805.jpg IMAG1883.jpg IMAG1890.jpg IMAG1891.jpg

Nice work Danny, that winch tray looks awesome! :thumbup:

What sort of Motorsport are you involved with? :think:

Had front end geometry set up today, wheels balanced, then I also changed diesel and air filters and removed cigarette lighter and replaced with USB charging ports. Set out to get radio to work but failed..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Info required.. my Colorado has twin batteries as fitted with the winter pack, looking at the wiring the starter cable is from the left battery but the main fuse box supply comes from the right battery, they are linked + to + with a cable so effectively making it 1 big capacity battery?
I want to replace one with a deep cycle one for the winch to run from so my theory is to send the fusebox feed to the starting battery and the fit a 200amp split charge relay in the link lead between + and +, will activate the relay via the alternator + (dash light). This means the battery is charging when running but any winching done with engine off will mean the starter battery is not effected..
Does this sound about right?

Winch wired today, diff drop removed and then a wash!. Breather extensions are next job on the list.

IMAG1995.jpg IMAG1992.jpg

Jeez i bought my winch over a year ago and its still sat in the shed :oops:

Why did you remove the diff drop spacers ?

Few pics while it's clean. Really happy how it's coming together now.

I removed diff spacers as I was getting vibration after having wheels balanced and geometry set, it had improved it with them removed and as its not essential with +2 springs I will leave them out. I think the front output bearing in transfer box could be on its way out.

IMAG1996.jpg IMAG1999.jpg IMAG2002.jpg

Little more on the roof rack today, also mounted the light bar to it. Will be trial fitting soon to position the gutter mounts.
Also need to decide if I should build a ladder on the rear door? I am only 5'7" so will be easier if no can get up there .

IMAG2044.jpg

Next stage of my roof rack will be to fit the mounts and I want to do this on the truck and tack them in place.. so today I removed the factory roof bars. Another job in the list was to fit a cut off. Switch for the winch so I mounted that in the grill and wired it up.

Really happy with how the truck is developing.

IMAG2058.jpg IMAG2054.jpg

you are making one hell of a nice job of that project

me I just buy it all

I don't mind buying if it's exactly what I want. I looked at alot of racks before sketching out this idea and deciding to make it. Guess it's part of being slightly different.
Snorkel will be on the next to do list I think.

Back