Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 90 series colorado, laning spec to begin with..

My Colorado doesn't have roof bars as its the basic FX model. Are you fabricating gutter mounts?

Mine also an Auto box. How did you find it against a manual transmission? Loving the look.

I removed my roof bars and fabricated the whole rack including the gutter mounts.

With regards to gearbox I had my doubts on getting an auto as previously had manual defenders, after looking a quite a few I decided to view this despite being auto.. I can honestly say without doubt if I replace this with another it will also be auto. Works so well off road and nice and smooth on road. Transfer box on the other hand was a pain in the arse but that could of happened on a manual to. Since I rebuilt it all has been good. Just need to use the truck off road a bit more as its being under used to the point and can I justify keeping it when a normal car could do everything I am using it for.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not been on for awhile.. Truck is still going well. Even cleaned it today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_202459.jpg
    IMG_20200822_202459.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 48
Thought I would start a page of my own, 2001 d-4d Colorado in green.
Brought it in November totally standard, previous owner includes Duke of Norfolk from new for 10 years, I am 3rd owner. After thinking I had found a good platform which in reality it still is.... Once home I sorted different lock, then removed under trays for inspection and found an oil leak! This turned out to be the sump, to cut a long story short Milners sorted me a sump for very good price, while front diff was out I replaced the seals and rebuilt the front prop and installed a duff drop kit. Also replaced the suspension lifting it +2", new drop links and track rod ends it now finally on the road! Oh and wheels and tyres changed...

During this time I also started work on the winch mount which is now fitted, Rock sliders and roof rack build next! I am motor sport fabricator by trade hence I build my own bits.

Hers a few pics of the journey.

View attachment 110844 View attachment 110845 View attachment 110846 View attachment 110847 View attachment 110848 View attachment 110849 View attachment 110850 View attachment 110851
Hi Danny that looks bloomin good can i please ask what alloys they are someone said Shogun wheels? i am at the moment looking at some from a MK 3 Shogun but the centre bore seems too small any advice much appreciated

Back