Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 90 series colorado, laning spec to begin with..

First time on the truck, with lots of calculated guess work I am really happy with how it sits. Just 4 mounts to add now.

IMAG2066.jpg

Either way it looks well done by a skilled person !

I can mig but not to that standard let alone the bending etc involved !

I don't mind buying if it's exactly what I want. I looked at alot of racks before sketching out this idea and deciding to make it. Guess it's part of being slightly different.
Snorkel will be on the next to do list I think.

I know what you mean about buying stuff , i'm the same i put off buying my winch bumper for ages not because of the price but because it wasn't exactly what i wanted , but with few choices out there i decided its as close as i will get . I will allow the cost wounds to heal before i chop it up and make it as i want it i think .

The rack looks great i bet the cost was a damn sight cheaper than an off the shelf item and things we make our self always take on a different kind of value . Well done :thumbup:

Cost wise I would say it's around 150, if I booked the time spent and worked instead then it has cost me similar to buying one but still wouldn't be what I want.. plus I enjoy doing it which is a big part of what this is all about. We have these motors for our pleasure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd recommend a ladder as long as it's a reasonably permanent fixture. I struggled for ages without one and lugging stuff up there without is no fun.

I had this one made, but with your skills you'd have no problems.

IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

I was pleased the way he profiled it to the shape of the truck, it also follows the door profile and has a platform "rung" at the top making it easier to stand safely, while hauling stuff up.

I have been thinking ladder designs the past week or two. Got a bit of an idea and will mount it to rear door(as it needs to open) other option would be up the side but not keen on that really.

Been to Yarwell play site today. Had a great day and so impressed with the truck. Faultless all day.
Few pics with my dad at the wheel.

IMAG2121.jpg IMAG2127.jpg IMAG2132.jpg IMAG2128.jpg IMAG2134.jpg IMAG2139.jpg IMAG2149.jpg IMAG2151.jpg

Some eagle eyed among you may notice the bent side steps! These are now removed. Rock slider build will be coming soon. :)

Little update, roof rack ready for painting, started next project, Rock sliders:
They only tacked together at the moment so I can still make changes. What do we think?

IMAG2243.jpg IMAG2245.jpg IMAG2246.jpg IMAG2247.jpg

Nice work. (again! :icon-cool:)

IMHO and purely from an aesthetic POV, I think that the box section at the rear would look good mirrored at the front too - so you have the thinner section centred by two stepped box sections front and rear. Or just have the thinner section all the way along, without the rear stepped box section.

Nice work. (again! :icon-cool:)

IMHO and purely from an aesthetic POV, I think that the box section at the rear would look good mirrored at the front too - so you have the thinner section centred by two stepped box sections front and rear. Or just have the thinner section all the way along, without the rear stepped box section.
I did consider the section front and rear but it's purpose is to help deflect around the rear wheels, the front it would serve no purpose other than looks and added weight. I might fabricate a section to blend into the rear arch so it's shaped and acts as a mud deflector. Will be bolt on and thin gauge steel..

Back