Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OK! so its not a Cruiser.

Congrats on the acquisition Andy :) When do you take ownership?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Hi Scott, you ok? Its a five speeder, SWB auto 4.2's are rare indeed. Underneath its like any other 18 year old 4x4 but better actually. Yes you are right, the drive train is bullet proof, the axles are far heavier than 80 axles and I would imagine the gearbox to be equally over engineered. I don't know the diff ratios for one of these but I will start researching tonight.

Andy

Cheers Gav, fetching it Sat or Sun.
How I came to my valuation.5x wheels and tyres£500, Remote 12K lbs winch £200, Truck £1K.

Andy

Well done mate. Especially after all the shenanigans behind the scenes. It will find a good new home at Laughton. As long as you park it round the back out of site. Don't want your regulars thinking you've lost the plot with a Nissan.

Well done and congratulations! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Chris, Yes, it certainly has been an interesting journey. If its got 37's on now I'll try the Lermagongs or whatever they are called on it.

Andy

Lerma Gomme

Yes, awesome. Just need some snow now then.

So what would something like this go for where you are Philip?

If engine and gearbox are good, and on 31" tyres, it would fetch $9000 to $11000 from an importer, taxes paid... More if it was a LWB.

Last edited:
I love patrols: I was looking for one before I bought the 120 ( the 3l lwb version, 2003 ish) but they are pretty rare, and the weight and part time 4x4 put me off.

For offroading you won't get better than a swb 4.2 patrol. A mate has one on a N plate for his plant hire buisness, and has used it for towing plant around the 3.5 t mark for the 10/ 11 years I have known him. God knows how many miles he has put on it.

I'd love one.

that's an interesting diversion for you!! had a soft spot for patrols since a 3.1 pulled my artic unit out of the mud after a 4x4 farm fork lift with tractor tyres had failed!! Good tough old motors.

So, how many of these do you think you will get:icon-biggrin:

Liking the pink winch!!

Last edited:
I love it, it has a certain presence and stature, well done Andy.

Hi Andy good to see you on Sunday thanks for a good day looking at cruiser and a good chat love the new one well dron with the patrol. Thanks a lot Tony:laughing-rolling:

Nice one Andy, a bargain at that price. Shall be interesting to see how you get on with it. There's an iconic SWB Patrol over here, run by Graham at 4WD Action magazine, the Patrol features in many of their videos.

Hi Tony, yes it was a good mid day Cruiser session with you and your bro Michael, I hope he enjoyed it.

Hi Scott, hope you and Steph are having a good time down under. These old "Trols" as apparently referred to I suppose fell a bit between two stools in the UK market in the 90's with the market leaders being LR and Toyota and especially the SWB didn't fit any particular niche.
In the Aussie market place Trols had already established themselves as a rugged reliable truck, still in Toyotas shadow unfortunately.

Anyway Scott, while you are on, and I know you are on honeymoon and all that but if you get chance if you see a good s/h turbo conversion kit for the Trol snap it up and bring it back if you can. I'll pay you at the next Lincomb meeting if thats ok :thumbup:,if you bring it with you that is.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Happy New Year

Andy

So, how many of these do you think you will get:icon-biggrin:

Liking the pink winch!!

Hi Andy, it was the pink winch which swayed it for me. I'm in the internet as we speak looking for some overalls to match :lol:
It should have a cover which someone nicked while it was parked up.
I'm not actively looking to collect these. It was mainly that it belonged to a friend of mine whose 4x4 engineering prowess I admired.

5c_1_b_zpsa81be067.jpg

This was a 40 he did with a 60 engine, 5 speed box, 61 fully floating axle, and power steering cobbled on, also he cobbled a spring over conversion correcting the castor angle while adjusting the prop angle. This 40 drove well on the road as well as off road because it had been done right.

Andy

Like the patrol, it looks purposeful, also love that 40.

well done andy got a bargin with that.
will be interested to see this in action. first dims when you want to sell.it
stu

Back