Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Police want Him put down!!

My support is with you.People everywhere want justice not law.Law does not allow for extenuating circumstances but sensible judges can rule on the justice of the case.Pat.

Olaz you need a bigger dog that eats everything leaving no evidence. Or does DNA come out later??

Towpack's link has hit the nail on the head. Nothing to do with duty of care. Police are involved as they see you as a criminal with an out of control dog. In the link it's also an offence to make someone think their dog is going to attack them. So if your dog just had barked at the burglar he could have called the police. What a joke. At one time I could see it might have been OTT to trap and torture a burglar but your situation is totally stupid and unbearable for you. I'd be amazed and very upset if the authorities succeed with their plan.

There are stables at the rear of my house and 24 saddles were stolen on Friday a.m. On first reporting it to the police the poor victim was told it was low level crime and they would not be coming!!

I hate to say that going through the legal system doesn't always deliver justice. You came out on the right side but many don't
Despite the right verdict being obvious there is often some 'rule' that just doesn't allow that right decision to be delivered

Spot on. Unfortunately.

Just got home from my first days hearing over this.... I think I'm going to burst a blood vessel...If I manage to calm down tonight, I will update within an outline of the farce !
:angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think day one is designed to cut the process short , truth and evidence and even law are pretty much ignored in the hope you will be overwhelmed by the shear weight of accusation and so surrender your rights with a guilty plea . A not guilty plea disposes of all that , don't let them rile you Lazz its a game they play day in and day out to stop you looking at things objectively . Think back on the ludicrous statements you heard today and think about how easy those arguments can be defeated .

I missed this thread initially. Annoyed I did. Like most "normal" people my p1ss boils in these sorts of situations, however a good point was made about about a child being hurt retrieving a ball, got me thinking a bit. The issue is that most of us think "he was up to no good/got what he deserved/reaped what he sowed" etc. That's because we have a sense of what is right and wrong. Sadly the law can't be seen to be unfair - so for instance - if the issue is "bitten while on property" - it is "bitten while on property" irrespective of whether he was a thieving murdering scumbag, or he was perhaps an old boy who has a touch of Alzheimers and wandered into the garden thinking it was his, or it was an 8 month pregnant woman whose waters had just broken whilst unlocking her car parked around the corner which wouldn't start and she had no signal on her mobile phone.
Don't get me wrong - I am with the OP 100% because of a sense of what truly is "right", just trying to show how the mindset of the do-gooders work.
What I am really interested in (and again this is no attack on the OP, just being curious) is whether there is any background/history to the whole thing. OP was out of country - returning a month later. So how come the dog was there? Family members still there with him? Have there been previous issues with neighbours complaining about barking/feeling threatened/dog escaping etc? Just wondering if this is totally completely out of the blue, or whether the commonsense approach from the Police wasn't an option for them due to there being "form"?

Like I say, no way an attack or casting aspersions on the OP who I really feel for. Just trying to get the whole picture.

Good luck Lazz. I do echo that the media may sadly be your only option. But make sure nothing can come back and haunt you making the situation worse if that is the route you need to take.

Hi Olazz
What news? I hope things are happening to stop this criminal act?

Steve,

Have 2nd hearing tomorrow. Lets see what happens eh !

fingers crossed all will be OK and the idiots will see sense.

Am taking some "big guns" with me, so I'm quietly confident in a positive outcome.

Try in your mind to separate the judge from the rest of the messed up legal system , you are not challenging him but rather you are appealing to him for help in this unfair and awful situation , a good judge will recognise this and appreciate it .

Best of luck Lazz, hope it turns out OK.

Thinking of you Lazz and Him, stay calm and I wish you good luck today...

Good luck boet. Hope they see sense

Back