Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

That looks just like duckulas house!

We never got to Bran's castle did we , its a fair distance from your house as i recall Clive . How about turning it into a camping trip ?

No, we didn't go to Bran Castle Shayne, but it's not that far. It's about 2 hours from home so only a day out really.

I don't remember why we didn't, we went to Rasnov (which is 1 hour from home), I remember.

Maybe we should be a bit more organised next year and have a plan, instead...

What do you guys think? Tell me what you want...

Please stick that on the list.
I went to Egypt once, never saw a pyramid. Pointless going there...

Please stick that on the list.
I went to Egypt once, never saw a pyramid. Pointless going there...

:laughing-rolling:

Consider it done!

BTW, I don't think we have any pyramids on offer...:whistle:

:laughing-rolling:

Consider it done!

BTW, I don't think we have any pyramids on offer...:whistle:
Trust me Clive, I don't bitch about it at all. 840 quid, no pyramids, no tan and no bacon!!! Only thing there was litter. That's not a holiday!

We've got some litter sadly...:icon-rolleyes:

Do you want to drive the Transfagarasan? It's a full day out and asphalt all the way though...

Would Chas & Shayne be too concerned doing that again?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't think of a day in Romania that i wouldn't be happy to repeat ?

Just asked Helen and she wants to go to the mud place with Aura ??? i think they wear it or something ???

I can't think of a day in Romania that i wouldn't be happy to repeat ?

Just asked Helen and she wants to go to the mud place with Aura ??? i think they wear it or something ???

Waaaah, the mud place is on the coast, Constanta way it's pushing 4 hrs each way...

I'll have a chat with Aura, to see if there's anything the same but closer.

The look on my face when she said it encouraged her to follow up with "we can get a bus you don't have to come" :icon-wink:

Mr Dracula was a figment of someone's something or another, but we can go and see some castles if you like.

Chas is the resident archer at Rasnov Castle...
Yep, Rasnov Castle is a great place to visit, I must have another go at the big boys darts and the axe throwing.

BTW the Pheonix is back on the road, at great expense, don't ask how much :shock: I was lucky though, a savings investment I had completely forgotten about matured in October so the repair bill was well covered. :dance:
Prompted by a comment from Shayne it will probably be by August a different colour. :icon-cool:

Yep, Rasnov Castle is a great place to visit, I must have another go at the big boys darts and the axe throwing.

BTW the Pheonix is back on the road, at great expense, don't ask how much :shock: I was lucky though, a savings investment I had completely forgotten about matured in October so the repair bill was well covered. :dance:
Prompted by a comment from Shayne it will be by August probably be a different colour. :icon-cool:

Glad to hear the Phoenix has resurrected again Chas :dance:

As for how much, well we all know the rules... :eusa-shhh:

Looking forward to seeing the "new" look... :thumbup:

We've got some litter sadly...:icon-rolleyes:

Do you want to drive the Transfagarasan? It's a full day out and asphalt all the way though...

Would Chas & Shayne be too concerned doing that again?
Yes I'd be up for that again, fantastic scenery, didn't Top Gear call it the best road in the World?

Yup, while we're on top gear, Clive, can you ask pup in law to get us in under Mr C's house so we can race in the tunnels?

Yup, while we're on top gear, Clive, can you ask pup in law to get us in under Mr C's house so we can race in the tunnels?

Mmmm :think: That may be a little more difficult Nick...

It's now the Parliament building (which it wasn't then) so I think they'll be a bit more security conscious...

Mud place? :icon-surprised: :crazy:

Oh, ok, I read it again. Faces you say, OK, that figures.

I thought Helen was suggesting driving in it…

:lol:

Just say we need photos Shayne. :lol:

Mud place? :icon-surprised: :crazy:

Oh, ok, I read it again. Faces you say, OK, that figures.

I thought Helen was suggesting driving in it…

:lol:

Just say we need photos Shayne. :lol:

Be careful what you wish for Rich...

IMG_6583.PNG

It's a mineral-rich mud (very high in sulphur) people put on joints to prevent or ease rheumatic aches and pains. Some completely cover themselves.

It stinks (as you might imagine) and it's a summer beach type past-time.

We usually go to the coast in July, so maybe we can bring back a bucket of mud... as the end of August will be too late in the season.

The water in the background is a natural sulphur-rich and high saline lake, surprisingly only 1/2 km from the Black Sea. The Black Sea has about 1/3 of the salt compared with the British coastal waters, but this lake is like the Dead Sea.

Standing vertically, you naturally float with your shoulders at water level, it's a very strange sensation.

And it stinks.

Back