Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania - Clive's House and Excursions

OOH! We could do with that send some down South to us please Clive!

You’d be welcome to it Geoff.

Usually July is dry here, I’m normally praying for a thunderstorm, but not this time, the soil was wet before the storm came...

I thought you said we could have it Clive? :( That’s what we’ve been supposed to have a couple of times now but alas nothing.

Be careful what you wish for.…

Pity about that heavy rain but we have had this for he last 31/2 months.we try to give sheep fresh paddocks but they are all waterlogged.much rather have rain than drought as we are surrounded by native bush and I have sprinklers going flat stick in the dry.best of luck Clive me old mate.

Pity about that heavy rain but we have had this for he last 31/2 months.we try to give sheep fresh paddocks but they are all waterlogged.much rather have rain than drought as we are surrounded by native bush and I have sprinklers going flat stick in the dry.best of luck Clive me old mate.

I agree that too much rain is a better option than prolonged drought Pat.

It’s just that (as usual) the timing is lousy.

I really do want to tidy up before this year’s LC Club visitors arrive in the 3rd week of August, and with the builders in delay now, I’m going to be running out of time. :icon-cry:

I really do want to tidy up before this year’s LC Club visitors arrive in the 3rd week of August, and with the builders in delay now, I’m going to be running out of time. :icon-cry:
I'm sure we wouldn't mind it being untidy Clive but I wouldn't want to make it worse with the trucks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Don't worry about us neither Clive, we'll have been in a tent for 4 days prior then a week after yours! It still looks bloody awesome

Clive,just think of the extra free labour on hand.Start working on the job
Schedule now.

Clive,just think of the extra free labour on hand.Start working on the job
Schedule now.

New topsoil ordered Pat, 50 m3 should be enough, won’t t take much to spread it to level between 5 of them (including the wife) I can manage the task of supervising that... :lol:

Shame i'm not going to get to see the house this year Clive , daughters baby is due any day now and Helen would like to take some holidays from work at home for a change so no Pina Colada's by the swimming pool either . It's no bad thing though you know we both love to visit and it would be a shame to spoil the novelty by getting too familiar with the trip so role on next year when it will all feel new again .

Shame i'm not going to get to see the house this year Clive , daughters baby is due any day now and Helen would like to take some holidays from work at home for a change so no Pina Colada's by the swimming pool either . It's no bad thing though you know we both love to visit and it would be a shame to spoil the novelty by getting too familiar with the trip so role on next year when it will all feel new again .

Well we’ll have to find a way to somehow manage without you pair this year, but it’s good news you’re at least considering it for next year:lol:

Good luck with the new arrival “Grandad” (that sounds ludicrous) and stay in touch, OK?

I’m hoping to bring the truck over next year for one of the Lincomb meets, but that will likely be the autumn one because it will be too cold for camping for us in the Spring.

Anyway, we’ll think about that when the time comes...

Cheers :thumbup:

Thanks for that Ed, there’s 4 wheel guides as well, although many are interchangeable.

I’ve forgotten their names and links, but there's company’s doing guided tours as well. The one that appealed to me was a circuit around Romania, all off—road, in an 18-day trip. I guess there’s some asphalt links between tracks, but they boast 18-days on unmetalled tracks, which would be some interesting fun.

Well all the stonework around the whole house, is finished now, bar some pointing to the stonework at the back of the house still to finish off. The heavy thunder storm downpours we’ve had most days this summer haven’t helped, but its time now to focus on a clean-up campaign.

The sad news we got on Wednesday was a massive blow though, the guy we found to organize all this work died on Tuesday. He’d been to hospital for some routine varicose vein work on his legs, and somehow he’d got an infection. We saw him last weekend hobbling about and convinced him to go back to they Doc. Next day on the Monday he did, and was whisked straight back into hospital. On Tuesday they fought with infection and some blood clots, and by Tuesday night he was dead. Kidney failure topped with a heart attack.

48 years old with a 10 year old daughter.

It’s hit the community hard, up here on the hill. They’re a close-knit bunch, everyone knows everything about everybody. This shouldn’t have happened, and they’re all rallying around his wife and daughter, and well go and see her tomorrow. The funeral was yesterday, so its all going to be pretty raw at the moment.

So a lesson in life, live it.

None of us knows what’s coming around the next bend.

Thank you Vasile, for the brief time we knew each other, you were a good man, honest generous and hard working. You’ve left your mark on us, RIP.

14 October 2018

It's been a while since I posted on here, and it's a nothing post really, but the Autumn is here and I set off with the camera to see if I could capture some of the colors.

Well, now I've seen them, colours seem to be as illusive as steep inclines, when it comes to my photography. Anyway it was a hideously sunny day today with 24 C so some are blinded by the sunshine, and if some look like duplicates, they probably are.

Here goes with a load of Autumny type pics...

DSCN1094.JPG
DSCN1095.JPG
DSCN1096.JPG
DSCN1097.JPG
DSCN1100.JPG
DSCN1101.JPG

This guy lives in a shed/shack on the side of a hill
DSCN1102.JPG

...and he flies the flag. He's been there for years..
DSCN1103.JPG
DSCN1107.JPG
DSCN1108.JPG
DSCN1109.JPG
DSCN1110.JPG
DSCN1112.JPG
DSCN1113.JPG

The furthest away horizon, the top/left of the photo is Mt Sinaia 2300m or so...
DSCN1114.JPG

...and with some of that zoomy thingy...
DSCN1115.JPG
DSCN1117.JPG

The track I was on was new to me, and mad...
DSCN1119.JPG
DSCN1120.JPG
DSCN1121.JPG
DSCN1122.JPG
DSCN1123.JPG
DSCN1124.JPG
DSCN1125.JPG
DSCN1126.JPG
DSCN1127.JPG

This was near sheer, down to a dried river (no rain in months and...),

DSCN1128.JPG
DSCN1131.JPG
DSCN1132.JPG
DSCN1133.JPG
DSCN1134.JPG

Another dry river/stream

DSCN1135.JPG
DSCN1136.JPG

Got the truck sideways at one point... :shifty:

DSCN1137.JPG
DSCN1138.JPG
DSCN1139.JPG
DSCN1140.JPG
DSCN1141.JPG
DSCN1142.JPG
DSCN1144.JPG
DSCN1145.JPG
DSCN1146.JPG
DSCN1147.JPG

This was a sunset earlier in the week taken from our apartment window...

DSCN1147a.JPG

11 photos didn't upload for no sensible reason, and that's it folks... another day in paradise... :lol:

Last edited:
Some cracking pics there Clive but I’m not talking to you for mentioning 24c. :eusa-naughty: :thumbdown: That’s just not on after I’ve been standing in a wet field at around half that for most of the day!!

Some cracking pics there Clive but I’m not talking to you for mentioning 24c. :eusa-naughty: :thumbdown: That’s just not on after I’ve been standing in a wet field at around half that for most of the day!!

It was a blissful day Rich, totally out of character for October, it looks like the seasons have shifted by a couple of months this year.

That track was rather challenging, to say the least. As I was alone, the naughtier bits didn't get photographed. I had to resort to Goooogle Maps to find out which way to go on numerous occasions.

My god I wish i was back in romania, currently in Tenerife and I'd happily get on next flight home and drive cruiser all the way back. That track looks a good un! Even though I'd be terrified all the way down it Haha. Autumn looks a good time to visit......
All the best Josh and George keep enjoying it.
P.s ask that guy if his shed is for sale!!

Back