Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

Andrew Prince said:
[quote="James Rothwell":mvov99ef]Anyone else coming from Surrey area and using M25 > M3 > A303 route? I'll keep my eye out for other cruisers.
That'll be me and probably Les too :thumbup:

James Rothwell said:
What channel will you all be on?
Good question - Crispin, did we ever get a verdict on this one?[/quote:mvov99ef]

Well when me and Les are out we always tend to use 3....

James Rothwell said:
Anyone else coming from Surrey area and using M25 > M3 > A303 route? I'll keep my eye out for other cruisers.

Myself and Tony be coming that route. I think Trevor will be along that route. CB is normally left on channel [s:3vzttlf9]19[/s:3vzttlf9] 3.

edit: Tommo beat me to it. Channel 3 then.

Crispin said:
[quote="James Rothwell":156wwy46]Anyone else coming from Surrey area and using M25 > M3 > A303 route? I'll keep my eye out for other cruisers.

Myself and Tony be coming that route. I think Trevor will be along that route. CB is normally left on channel 19.[/quote:156wwy46]

Isn't Ch19 the hailing/emergency channel?

hailing yes, 9 is emergency. If you call for help on 9 you're likely to just die... Doubt it still gets used

We'll be on that route too. :thumbup: Don't have CB though so communications could be interesting. I have recovery gear/winch but bugger all tools so hoping not to break anything.

I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I'm leaving at 8am as I'll be the dark blue 80 series driving as close to the back of a lorry as possible in some vain attempt to slip stream and save some fuel.

Do any of you guys want to meet somewhere on the way and drive down together, it looks cool having a convoy of Landcruisers. Only if I can go at the back (to save fuel.... damn 4.5 petrol) :clap:

EDIT- What are the plains like at the moment? wet and muddy or just frozen and icey?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
James Rothwell said:
I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I'm leaving at 8am as I'll be the dark blue 80 series driving as close to the back of a lorry as possible in some vain attempt to slip stream and save some fuel.

You should see if you can find a crashed BMW who's MTT is undamaged. Should save you some fuel. I am sure there are some here who could help adapt it for the LC.
BMW reveals Magnetic Tow Technology

Look at the date of the article & the authors name Tony... It nearly had me!!! :lol: :lol:

They had a full page spread in the FT IIRC on the day. A few days later a guy at work swore he saw one. A BMW kept very close behind him and was convinced it was that. :lol: :lol:
The same guy later bought broken red glass from someone one the street claiming they were rubies. Cost him £5000. Anyone want his details?

Right then........bacl on topic :whistle:

If i get the brakes done i time i should be able to nip over to the SA shop on saturday if anybody wants anything.

Apparently my local will be open on Sat so I'll send the courier, I mean wife over and see if she can get my original supplies.

I'll bring 3 packs of boerewors (approx. 0.5kg each) - is that enough? And some rolls, sauces etc.

Crispin and Tony - I take it you'll supply something to cook on (skottle)?

I have loads in the freezer that i will bring as going to have a clearout, includes stuff like ostrich so should be interesting.

Latest list:
1. Crispin
2. Warren
3. Trevor
4. Tony
5. Andrew
6. Les
7. Paul
8. Tommo
9. Paul's bro (armed with Terror-can)
10. SimonD
11. James R.

You guys enjoy the :animals-ginger: :animals-mouse: :animals-panda: :animals-penguin: :animals-pig: :animals-shaun: :animals-sheep: :animals-worm: but I'll BYO this :banana-linedance: cos I'm veggie!

Back