Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snagging list

Chris, on the old site you were global mod. Here it is called Super mod.

A "normal" mod can only mod the sections assigned to him / her (boring as hell, I'm not managing that)
A super mod can mod the whole forum. All mods are (should be...) super mods here.

What you mean you getting time outs? As-in, you have to log back into the forum? Not happened to me once.

Does anyone get emails about subscribed topics or PMs? I don't. Not looked into the setting though.

Oh so now you're an Administrator. You always have to go one better. I might be a Super Administrator once I can just figure out... no, not that button, hang on.. I'm Super - I must be able to do this somehow..

I get mails about some things but not all. Not quite sussed that yet. You aren't timing out, because you haven't stopped in weeks mate. Leave it for a bit and yep, you're out. Just like the old one.

Chris

Does anyone get emails about subscribed topics or PMs? I don't. Not looked into the setting though.
Some, not all. There are settings in your user profile for receiving notifications but looks like the default is for them to be off. Might want to change the default? Last time I looked I can't do stuff like that.

Thought you came across as admin. Will double check.

I see my is set to notify me in my notification area... Will default them all to emails.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You can change the frequency with which you are notified of new posts. I set mine to immediately. But it's not the default. So you have to select 'yes' to notifications and the freq too

Rob. Update tapatalk and it works ok now.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

What you mean you getting time outs? As-in, you have to log back into the forum? Not happened to me once.

Yes Crispin, I keep three sites open all the time, this one, eBay and Face Book. If I go to one of the others for a few minutes when I come back here I have to log in again, that's without signing of from this site.

Got Tapatalk now too. Seems fine. No need to worry about the TouchBB thing Crispin. Not on my account anyway.

Chris

Had to log in again to post this though.

Chas, Chris,

when you log in do you tick the remember me box?
That should make it stay for ever.

If not then it looks like your session will be killed after a few minutes. I can increase it (there's a setting for that) but it has other effects as well. The are a number of solutions.

How too acknowledge or read the 312 Notifications (PM's) without actually taking a day to open them all ?

I am sure I seen it written some where.

Gra.

Will try that again Crispin, but it seems to do it no matter what and always did the same on the old forum

Chris

Odd Chris. It is currently set to 900 seconds before it assumes you're no longer here (i.e. not reading any more). but that should not log you out.
I will increase that to 3600 and see if that changes anything.

Do any of the Land Rover forums kick you out as well the same way?

Graham,
Tick the box top right of the list so it selects all. Then at bottom of the list there is a button. From there you can delete all, mark all as read etc. (Speaking from memory so might be slightly wrong)

Crispin there's something wrong with my user name mate???

Instead of Tommo&Claire its now Tommoamp;...something??

Tapatalk is still not behaving. Still can't wont forums as read and will not go to the last unread post. My phone said it had updated tapatalk but all that changed was the background colour. Will try reinstalling it.

Rob, after reading somehing, do you chick back and its still there? Try refreshing latest posts. Mine does not reload posts when I just press back.

Tommo: noted, will inform your friends of your new name
Susie...;)

I click back and ours still there and refreshing out does not work either. Will reinstall when back on wifi later today.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Chas, Chris,

when you log in do you tick the remember me box?
That should make it stay for ever.
Thanks Crispin, I logged on this morning and looked at new posts, this was the first, and only, one of a list disappearing off the bottom of my screen, that I read so I thought I’d give that a try.
So I logged off, logged back on again having checked ‘remember me’ :thumbup: Then when looked at new posts and it said there were none. I had to click on posts in the last 24 hrs to see them but why did new posts say there were none:confusion-confused:
I’m not being timed out now though.:dance:

I click back and ours still there and refreshing out does not work either. Will reinstall when back on wifi later today.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Very weird.

Back