Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snagging list

:oops: Just figured it out... you actually have to tick the box next to the name to accept the connection.... :doh:

...and do we have to have that pop-up "Are you sure you want to log out"?

Still no EDIT....

The automatic promotion has nite been turned on yet, still trailing it with a few users. Please bear with me.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Why am I not allowed to edit my posts, I looked somewhere, I can't remember now where it was and it said I am not allowed to edit, and I don't have the 'more' button for smileys I only have the one block to choose from. :think:

The thing that annoys me the most with the new forum is the lack of "View Active Topics", and "view my post's" buttons along the top. :icon-evil:

I appreciate all the hard work youve put in getting the new forum up and running, but if im honest I preferred the old setup. :oops:

I just found it a lot easier to navigate. :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ben, I have a view My Threads button at the top, but I agree about the active threads option. I have been looking at Unread posts, activity steam and what's new and I am sure that I'm not getting the full spectrum. Posts seem to almost drop off the radar very quickly. I have chatted with Crispin about this, so he knows. Let's just hang on in there and get things sorted one at a time. I know I couldn't do it. You can set dates I think for how much activity history you want to see. I am going to play with that. There are definitely threads that have had quite a flurry of activity and then the next day, the only way to find them is to go into the forum section (Lounge, For Sale) etc and bring them up again. My worry is that unless we have one really good single view of what's hot so to speak, we're likely to miss stuff like e-bay bargains and other heads up stuff.

I think that there are some features of the new forum that are better than the old one and I think that it's just a case of getting the setting to a point where we feel like it's home again.

Chris

There is a my threads button Chris, but on the old forum it was possible to see all threads id posted on, not just ones id started.

Ive just been trying to find a thread on the new 70 series double cab pickup, that i know ive commented on in the past. But now cant find.

On the old forum i could get a list straight up of all threads ive posted on.
but on this one all i can get is a list of threads ive started. :icon-sad:

You've hit the nail right on the head there Chris, I especially like the last paragraph, . . . . and Whoopee, I can now edit my posts :icon-cool: still missing the extra smileys though.

Hey Ben, for now you could 'Book Mark' this link.

Last edited:
Ahh, appreciate what you're saying Ben. It's a contributed to button rather than my threads, in other words, my posts.. Hmm. I shall have a hunt around myself.

Chris

Isn't there something on your profile page for that? Seem to remember there is but not at a computer to check at the moment...

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

Any chance of giving the smilies unique numerical IDs, it's a pain in the aris having to locate them as they move with every post and it's a two minute job to sort them.

Smilies and SO have been done.

Ben, I'll have a poke around and see what can be done.

Yes, see post 150 :thumbup:

And just in case you missed it....

Yes Paul, your link was using a cached search id which would have been created the first time you did the search. That would be pointless to anyone other than for that id. I posted the link with the user's id in because that is what I can do for the button.
That is why I was asking the question.
I noticed though that you have edited post 150 so it is no longer the cached ID and now the user's ID.

Back