Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Sheer brilliance:
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...brexit-s-biggest-donkeys-20190201-p50uzq.html

An example of the posters they've been putting up to highlight the misleading claims:
4593c139bd17b3dacf4627d4a5dc0583c1f4e897.jpg

663ce1bd4bda14e78bc5a8f5889b84c59f1202d7.jpg

No sign that everyone will be booted out of Europe either. Or that we will all need a visa. Or that no one will be able to work or study in Europe! The nhs hasn’t ground to a halt yet.

British passport holders will be required to obtain a visa for trips lasting more than 90 days, and will need permits for work / study / joining family in the EU etc. There will be some exceptions for a period, for people already resident ( will need to prove it )

British passport holders will be required to obtain a visa for trips lasting more than 90 days, and will need permits for work / study / joining family in the EU etc. There will be some exceptions for a period, for people already resident ( will need to prove it )
Yes, I know.
Like I said, we will not all need a visa, every British person will not be booted out of Europe, it will not be the case that no British person can live it work in Europe, and the nhs has not yet ground to a halt

How does the saying go? ......."Follow the Money"

As I'm pretty certain that the architects of this flustercluck are going to make a pretty penny.

Anyway, when even the government is resorting to bribery, what chance have we got?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47087434

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-c...al-in-exchange-for-constituency-cash-11623669
That’s nothing new, quite a few on this are simply talking bungs
https://www.google.com/amp/s/defend...s-with-links-to-private-healthcare-firms/amp/

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All this negative hype and scaremongering reminds me of the ensuing millennium bug ‘problem’ back in ‘99 which turned out to be a total non-event. The prediction was that anything that utilised electronics with a real time clock not capable of accepting the 1999 to 2000 year change , computers, fax machines, engine/vehicle management systems etc...etc would stop working. What actually happened was f**k all!

Not true at all TP. I recall that it was quite windy that night and as it turned midnight one of our garden chairs was blown over.

It was in the local paper. Quite catastrophic when you think about it. ;)

All this negative hype and scaremongering reminds me of the ensuing millennium bug ‘problem’ back in ‘99 which turned out to be a total non-event. The prediction was that anything that utilised electronics with a real time clock not capable of accepting the 1999 to 2000 year change , computers, fax machines, engine/vehicle management systems etc...etc would stop working. What actually happened was f**k all!

I think you also underestimate the massive effort that went into not making it a clusterfu*&k.

Not true at all TP. I recall that it was quite windy that night and as it turned midnight one of our garden chairs was blown over.

Your sure that's not political euphemism and in fact you were actually sat in the chair with your Cider when it fell over ;)

Last edited:

Just a wild guess, but you didn’t work in IT in the late 90s. I spent at least 2 year’s testing and changing systems so there wouldn’t be an issue. And there were lots and lots of people doing the same thing.

I think you also underestimate the massive effort that went into not making it a clusterfu*&k.

Quite the contrary. I got loads of overtime running round updating firmware in faxes, printers, servers etc to millennium ‘compatable’ versions but the ones that slipped through the net just carried on working, just that the date was wrong.

Quite the contrary. I got loads of overtime running round updating firmware in faxes, printers, servers etc to millennium ‘compatable’ versions but the ones that slipped through the net just carried on working, just that the date was wrong.
They seem to be the non-critical systems .... no?

How awful, did you put in a claim for compensation?

They seem to be the non-critical systems .... no?

Also classic hardware guy KPI. The server still runs so all is good. The system running on it that queries the last 10 minutes data, not so much.

Basically airlines wanting to continue flying to Europe MUST sell the owning majority of shares to the Nazi's

Oddly thats not the case if you fly in from America , Russia , Korea , China or any other country free of EUSSR dictatorship .

Subscription only

Google the headline, select "News" and come in via that way.

Reading it, it seems to be about retaining full flying rights, rather than access to the EU airports. So, if BA and Iberia are happy to deal on the same level as non-EU airlines, then they're fine... if they want to deal on the same rights are EU airlines then strangely enough they need to be owned by EU based organisations - it's not really that hard... if you want to play under EU rules, then you need to be in the EU, if you're not in the EU, then you have to play by similar rules to everyone else, but with the added difficulty that the UK is used to EU rules, so wants to be close to them.

The problem is that "the licenses that carriers currently use to operate, which are administered based on the nationality of shareholders" - this is why IAG are being told to sort out their ownership structure so that they are owned by 50% EU nationals; currently the estimate is that it would be around 25%...

One of the interesting parts is that non-EU based airlines (so all the ones that Shayne mentions) would be affected as their flights often use LHR as a hub to then fly passengers onto other EU countries - there's a few subtle things in there that take a few reads to work out.

Back