Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

This is one lucky truck!

Not many get this treatment so late in life, lovely job :thumbup:

Time to clean the Alternator before installation.

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

Last edited:
Way to go man!

Interesting stuff, the Shell undercoat. really seems to give a thick layer.
Keep it up

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm really enjoying this thread Oding, what a job youre doing on this truck :clap:

I'm really enjoying this thread Oding, what a job youre doing on this truck :clap:

Thank ypou Clive, I have pracrically documented most of my projects but this one is different. I am new to the LC owner's club group and it has inspired me to document the resoration all the way. I will be applying a coat of Surfacer filler as the old paint is very unstable. if I strip the old paint, it will be very costly and timely. We will paint the interior part first. I am glad that a lot has viewed the thread and I hope that they enjoyed as much as I do.

Last edited:
I have started to cleanup the interior for painting.

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

Last edited:
Tweaking with the wires while the body is being prepped for painting.

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to remove the windshield and it was really a piece of cake.

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic job you're doing here Oding! I have a hj60 that with help went through the same process as yourself. So it brings back memories of determination and pride.

There's a lot of surface area regarding the paint process and refitting of trim.

Great job to see another 60 series being restored! !! :thumbup:

Little or nothing provokes envy in me but when I see someone do something like this the respect I have for the skill , patience and perseverance involved makes me realise I am capable of envy . Great work :thumbup:

Little or nothing provokes envy in me but when I see someone do something like this the respect I have for the skill , patience and perseverance involved makes me realise I am capable of envy . Great work :thumbup:

I am capable of envy, but completely incapable of this kind of work:thumbup:

Back