Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

Just applied primer and the next will be to apply body filler on needed spots.

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

Last edited:
Superb job Oding!

Did you need to replace the rear door hinges? I have those doors on my 80 series, and they had dropped really badly due to wear in the hinges. I had to re-pin them, and now they're nice and tight and align perfectly. It makes such a difference :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
HJ 60 front wings

Superb job Oding!

Did id you need to replace the ear door hinges? I have those doors on my 80 series, and they had dropped really badly due to wear in the hinges. I had to re-pin them, and now they're nice and tight and aligh perfectly. It makes such a difference :icon-biggrin:

Good job and will front wings for a hj60 help sum one on eBay item number
321540324388. 321540322717 it's a big :thumbup: from tonytoyota.

assuming they are NOS thats a good price, I paid a lot more than that for my NOS ones

Superb job Oding!

Did you need to replace the rear door hinges? I have those doors on my 80 series, and they had dropped really badly due to wear in the hinges. I had to re-pin them, and now they're nice and tight and align perfectly. It makes such a difference :icon-biggrin:

The hinges are good. Guess the rear doors were never used a lot by the previous owners. In fact, I never had a hard time aligning the doors. Went on in smoothly.

The hinges are good. Guess the rear doors were never used a lot by the previous owners. In fact, I never had a hard time aligning the doors. Went on in smoothly.

Good for you! It was a pig of a job to re-pin them, but all is good now. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Posed with this pic as we are about to paint the body with gun metal color.

DSC01160%201.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the first coat on.

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

DSC01400.jpg[

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

Last edited:
Best colour for a 60 to its gonna look great :thumbup:

Best colour for a 60 to its gonna look great :thumbup:

A mixture of 70% metallic silver + 30% jet black + 30% flattening paste by volume and a mixture of 1 part paint and 2 part thinner. gun metal is the result.

Very nice Oding, you're doing fine justice to all your hard work. Excellent colour choice, I did fear you'd paint it yellow or something....

(No offence meant to yellow 60 owners BTW :lol:)

Very nice Oding, you're doing fine justice to all your hard work. Excellent colour choice, I did fear you'd paint it yellow or something....

(No offence meant to yellow 60 owners BTW :lol:)

Thanks Clive, really was not thinking of yellow, but I did paint my weapons carrier mustard yellow, got the idea from desert storm. It did look like it was going to war.

Thanks Clive, really was not thinking of yellow, but I did paint my weapons carrier mustard yellow, got the idea from desert storm. It did look like it was going to war.

Yellow with white wheels. . They're always the best!!

The paint has gone on well Oding. The best prep always shows through. Looking forward to see the trim and glass in place now!

All the best iwan :thumbup:

Both apron and the radiator support assembly are installed prior to installing the fenders.

DSC01405.jpg
DSC01404.jpg
DSC01403.jpg
DSC01408.jpg
DSC01406.jpg
DSC01407.jpg
DSC01410.jpg
DSC01409.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Oding, have been through your thread twice now, there is an awful lot of impressive work there so well done and of course jealous of your nice weather, thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Thinking real hard and mind twisting and tweaking, hehehehe, I decided to remove the apron and attach them snuggly to the fender. In this case, it would be easy to install the fender assembly to the front of body.

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Oding, have been through your thread twice now, there is an awful lot of impressive work there so well done and of course jealous of your nice weather, thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Thanks Chris, nice to hear people appreciate my work. The weather is great but the rainy season is fast approaching and I need to get the paint done before it pours.

Last edited:
I attached this all purpose plastic hose to the ventilation. Serves as a drain for dust, debris and water down the bottom of the fender.

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

Got the right side fender installed.

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Back