Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

1) Click on their avatar
2) Click on Start A conversation
Yess. That works -- for most members -- but when I click on your avatar, Crispin, I see no 'Start a Conversation'. Does that mean that we can block the ability to send us PM?

Yess. That works -- for most members -- but when I click on your avatar, Crispin, I see no 'Start a Conversation'. Does that mean that we can block the ability to send us PM?
I don't get a 'Start a Conversation' either.

It's in the middle of the black pop-up box that comes up Chas...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 78
That's odd. I can see from my test users I can start a conversation with anyone except me. I cannot see why that is blocked.

Are there any other users you cannot start a conversation with?

That's odd. I can see from my test users I can start a conversation with anyone except me. I cannot see why that is blocked.

Are there any other users you cannot start a conversation with?
If I click on your avatar or mine Cris I don't get start a conversation but when I clicked on Clives I did.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Chas Try start a conversation with Crispin2 please. Send, if you can, a test. I will then upgrade that user to be admin and see if he drops off your list.

@Chas Try start a conversation with Crispin2 please. Send, if you can, a test. I will then upgrade that user to be admin and see if he drops off your list.
Where do I find Crispin2?

Same here. Nothing for Crispin but can see it for anyone else so far.

Crispin2 works fine.
Tried sending to Crispin through the Conversations page, and got this:
ScreenHunter_22 May. 01 22.58.jpg

ok, that's fixed now. :)

Now to work out the various search and favourite buttons...

May I suggest a change: To swap around the "New Posts" and the "Recent Posts" buttons?
The two different searches work this way:
The button New Posts, which is easlily located under Forums, gives only the threads wich I have not read before (or replied to) (i.e. "unread posts").
The button "Recent Posts", located at the right margin only after clicking "New Posts", gives all threads, sorted backwards according to the latest post in that thread. (i.e. newest first)

The most useful of these two is the Recent Posts, because:
1 - It gives a full overview of the latest activity on the forum.
2 - It is possible to find and go back to a post/thread that you have already looked at, but not had the time to read properly the previous time. This is very annoying - f.ex: looking briefly (e.g. on the mobile) and finding something you need to take a closer look at, but when you, 20 mins later, click on New Posts, the post/thread is not there, even though it is new, and posted "this very afternoon".
3 - It makes it easy to keep track of the latest poster on any active thread, also those you have contributed on yourself.

So, would it be an idea to have the Recent Posts up in the Forums submenu, and the "posts you have never seen before in your life"-button, aka New Posts down where the Recent Posts button is reciding now?
I feel it would give a better experience to most forum members to have the easiest access to "Recent Posts".

Otherwise, the new look of things is great. Using it on a dinky mobile phone (android) is now a good experience, and on the PC it is very Crisp in use.

Here, in this screenshot, the thread "Welcome Back" could have been the top one, as I posted in it 1 minute ago...
View attachment 41166

There is now a button up top, next to the "new posts" called "recent posts". Hopefully this helps?

Well done Crispin. I love using XenForo.

Any hope of adding the floating "Back to top" button?

I did put one in but for some silly reason it's misbehaving. It just opens up another window. I've removed for now but have it on my list of things to do.

I've come back this morning to find I am logged out. It's on https, also this thread started at the beginning when I clicked on it where some start where I left off.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Ive found that I can't post or message people off my iPhone. I have to keep logging onto my iPad if I need to do anything but viewing posts.

I've come back this morning to find I am logged out. It's on https, also this thread started at the beginning when I clicked on it where some start where I left off.

I fixed the problem yesterday I believe. Lets wait for the various sessions to expire and see if it continues.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Ive found that I can't post or message people off my iPhone. I have to keep logging onto my iPad if I need to do anything but viewing posts.

What happens when you try login on your phone Karl?

I can log on Crispin. I can't do anything but view the site though.
Just noticed I can't use the quote button as well. It comes up that quote is added ,but it doesn't show in my post.

I can log on Crispin. I can't do anything but view the site though.
Just noticed I can't use the quote button as well. It comes up that quote is added ,but it doesn't show in my post.

Strange. This time it has ......

Back