Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

But I didn't see that option until now. There's so much to take in!

I'm probably missing something, but the old "unread" posts button is eluding me. On "new posts" or "recent posts" I'm seeing all of the posts including those I've read, some of them even showing that I was the last person to reply.

Can anyone guide me to an unread posts button?

Sorry if this is in progress or if it's already been answered to....

@Clive

The new posts show those posts which you have not yet read. If you click on a post, read it, and click on the back button it won't refresh and remove yours - that's a browser limitation. If you read it though, click on the New Posts button, it will refresh.

I click new posts - I see:

1 before.png

I then read the summer meeting thread and then clicked on New Posts again.
Now I see this.

s after.png

if I reply to the summer thread (I replied "ignore me" for those who saw it - since deleted) and then click on the New Posts I now see

3 after add.png

Nothing there. I posted therefore it's not new to me.

If, however, I click on the Recent posts
4 recent.png

I see the thread.

When you are seeing posts that you think are old - how are you getting there?

It seems (logically enough) that "new posts" is this years "unread posts" so I'm OK now, thanks Cris. I must have been using "recent posts" to see my own name in lights!

Sorry for that, quite obvious really... :icon-redface:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was me using the only surface in the EU, it's still playing up.
Remind me again what happens? I tested it this morning on one of them big surface tablet things.

Remind me again what happens? I tested it this morning on one of them big surface tablet things.
What happens is the screen starts to flash, and sometimes goes black, I have to go back to the home screen to make it stop or worst case when it's really bad I have to log off the site and log back in again.

What happens is the screen starts to flash, and sometimes goes black, I have to go back to the home screen to make it stop or worst case when it's really bad I have to log off the site and log back in again.

Is that on Edge browser? I can only think it's something odd with the browser as it does not happen anywhere else.
Can you go into it again, then press F12 then click on Console. Are there any errors or warnings logged in there?

I'm still having to log back in each morning. Maybe you have to unplug it overnight or something to update it, which wound makee sense. It's still on https.

I'm still having to log back in each morning. Maybe you have to unplug it overnight or something to update it, which wound makee sense. It's still on https.

Do get a security warning? Is there another browser somewhere which is logged in on the non-https version? You phone perhaps?

You can try deleting all your cookies. Depending on browser the process differs but Chrome is CTRL+SHIFT+DEL and untick everything except cookies and cache. It might be that your cookie has got itself into a state.

I've not had the logout problem since I fixed it a few days ago and I've got it running on 4 or 5 different devices.

Do get a security warning? Is
Do get a security warning? Is there another browser somewhere which is logged in on the non-https version? You phone perhaps?

You can try deleting all your cookies. Depending on browser the process differs but Chrome is CTRL+SHIFT+DEL and untick everything except cookies and cache. It might be that your cookie has got itself into a state.

I've not had the logout problem since I fixed it a few days ago and I've got it running on 4 or 5 different devices.

Im using it on the iPhone through Safari. Just deleted cookies and history, we'll see what happens.
Thanks for all your efforts Crispin, I'm getting used to it. TT it ain't but it's far better than trying to view the old site on a phone.

One other thing, I don't get the 'top' button at the bottom. It would be easier to have a floating top bar with recent posts etc on that. Come to think of it, I think some pages have that. I will need to check though.

What happened there? :doh:

This page has the floating top bar. :)

Last edited:
And now it doesn't and locks the reply in grey if I use a smiley from the black face smileys. I then have to go back on my browser and then come back in again. If I use a smiley it then still displays the smiley selector even after it is selected. :eek:

And the smileys change as well. That one was the blue one on its side from the bottom row. It seems to swap the new ones for the old school ones of the same place in the list of smileys.

Last edited:
I started to post a reply on a thread yesterday and after typing a few words decided not to . Tonight i clicked on the same thread again to find my aborted post still there waiting for me to finish it ?

I can delete the words but its there again next time , i have searched for a cancel option but can't find one ?

I could post - edit and delete i suppose but i thought i should mention it as i would guess this might be burning fuel unnecessarily or clogging up arteries or whatever the computer geek equivalent is ?

I started to post a reply on a thread yesterday and after typing a few words decided not to . Tonight i clicked on the same thread again to find my aborted post still there waiting for me to finish it ?

I can delete the words but its there again next time , i have searched for a cancel option but can't find one ?

I could post - edit and delete i suppose but i thought i should mention it as i would guess this might be burning fuel unnecessarily or clogging up arteries or whatever the computer geek equivalent is ?

It's in case your browser crashes - every 30 seconds whatever you type is saved for 24 hours.

It's in case your browser crashes - every 30 seconds whatever you type is saved for 24 hours.

Thanks Crispin - makes sense .

Still nothing doing with the smart tv just so you know , i rarely use it so it doesn't concern me .

I have also noticed archived stuff found on the web usually comes up with the new layout stating "page could not be found after upgrade" .

I have also noticed archived stuff found on the web usually comes up with the new layout stating "page could not be found after upgrade" .

Which link? Should not be happening.

Back