Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

Ouch idle browsing for nothing specific :think: 38's on a 90 i think was one of them but i have seen the same problem a number of times .

@GeekOKent - could you see what it looks like on your phone now? I don't have a phone with that res - can only go by resizing my browser to the same size. Seems to be OK.

Update
yes I did have the site open on another machine (hibernated at the time but since woken and hibernated a few times) closed down now.
Booted me again this morning. On https. Probably when I woke the other PC. Hopefully ok now. :)

Smileys still changing :) becomes like the one above etc.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 90
Having a good run of finding problems today Crispin... sorry... and sorry for the size of the pictures.

1st problem: Going full screen edit when posting a reply or a new thread, I've lost the ability to get to the buttons! Tried zooming all the way out as well, and no joy... remembering what Shayne had said about saving drafts, I left it a while and then reloaded the page and I was back to normal...
Broken it.png

2nd problem:
It's really hard to see the dialogue box for URL linking the images or inserting a URL over text:
Can't see it.png

Thanks Crispin....

Ed

1st problem: Going full screen edit when posting a reply or a new thread, I've lost the ability to get to the buttons!

@Paddler Ed -
Yes, the full screen editing (isn't it good) does lack the buttons to post when you're done. You have to go back to the normal view by clicking the toggle button top right. Then you're back to normal. There is already a request in with the software to get this fixed.

ed1.png

The same with the link image dialog - that too is being fixed by the developers. I know the colours a a bit bland.

Cheers,
Crispin

I couldn't even get that, hence the reload of the page!

Thanks for spotting all of these before we find them all...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Booted me out on the iPhone again this morning. Was ok and already signed in at 8-00 ish this morning but just had to sign in again 12-20.
Its beginning to get boring. :worried:

Booted me out on the iPhone again this morning. Was ok and already signed in at 8-00 ish this morning but just had to sign in again 12-20.
Its beginning to get boring. :worried:
Was there an error message?
If it's not happening to lots of people it does not give me much to go on :(

Your doing well Crispin i truly expected to hate the new layout while at the same time accepting you have to keep up with technology for security reasons if nothing else , but yeah its good now i've learn't my way around it :thumbup:

As for the web search dead ends i mentioned earlier i found today my trailer thread is one of them which my give you something specific to look at as it comes up in google searches and google images but can't be accessed . "My overland camper trailer"

I see nothing but great success and ease of use.
For SC's problem, I'd suggest checking browser settings, or (a bit far fetched), the IP address, as some isp's love to juggle them around.

Your doing well Crispin i truly expected to hate the new layout while at the same time accepting you have to keep up with technology for security reasons if nothing else , but yeah its good now i've learn't my way around it :thumbup:
:thumbup:

As for the web search dead ends i mentioned earlier i found today my trailer thread is one of them which my give you something specific to look at as it comes up in google searches and google images but can't be accessed . "My overland camper trailer"
What's the search term you're using in google? I fixed up a bunch of the problems last night but if there are more then I need to fix them to. I log how many times people click on the old links - thus far - 45k in less than 24 hours! Far more than I expected. :)

I've borrowed an iPhone 6 and as someone said - it does not work on it :( You cannot reply to posts. Most odd.

I will hopefully fix that tonight or tomorrow.

I searched for "my overland camper trailer" because i was busy and didn't have time to sign in here and search and i wanted to see a pic i posted of my brakes on here .

:text-+1:
Same thoughts here Cris, well done and special thanks for all the hard work ironing out the creases :thumbup:

:text-+1: For sure Crispin.

I don't know what the problem is with an iPhone 6 as that is what I've been using all along. Except for the cursed booting.

I don't know what browser settings I need to look for as I've not had this problem with other sites. Mind you I probably don't stay signed in long enough.

And no, alas, I don't get any error reports that show themselves when it boots me.

Last edited:
I wonder if your two problems are related.

I will make a change tomorrow which will give you a different editor. If you can then type messages then I'll leave you on that for a while. If you don't get kicked out then it's two problems fixed.

If that does work then I'll have to ditch this editor for the standard one (it's not that bad)

Will see tomorrow.

I've just installed the new search as well. There is not much you can see from the user's PoV but it functions more like google now where it's more plain language search rather than clever keywords.
It should also be quicker.

Back