Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Guys replaced all interior ceiling lights to COB led including addictionally two strips for the tailgate in preparation for the overland build phase one.

Now at night you can call it day....lol

14713336-5332-4C6E-8B5C-5A564D698D2A.jpeg FAA8FE63-6E28-43F7-A8E6-F649E7A6830F.jpeg

2018-03-01 10.50.10.jpg
I separated my CV's today, as they had been clicking a bit. They weren't actually broken, but showing signs of wear, I bought a set of greasable ones to replace them with

2018-03-01 10.49.58.jpg 2018-03-01 10.50.31.jpg

The 80 had been stood all week and came to start it the other day and no working intake heater! It coughed a bit and chugged a bit for the first 30 seconds or so then ran as normal but this could have been more to do with very cold diesel (-9 on the ext thermometer).
Anyhow had a look today and the relay has obviously been steadily rusting away in it's little rubber boot. Picked a new one up at the local bike shop and all good again. The relay contacts were perfect so obviously no problem handing the 45-50A or so current draw.

IMG_0351.jpg IMG_0353.jpg

would this thread be better titled "who is inside on the computer when they should be finishing the maintenance they started doing?" In my case yes, having a coffee half way thru a swivel hub rebuild...

2018-03-03 10.49.32.jpg
2018-03-03 10.49.44.jpg
2018-03-03 10.49.58.jpg
2018-03-03 11.17.59.jpg
2018-03-03 13.31.38.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed today that pesky RH headlight was full of condensation again so took it off to investigate further. Some slight evidence of possible water ingress along the bottom edge but other than that, no obvious leaks and both breathers are clear. So, split the glass lens from the body and cleaned it up and resealed it. It was originally sealed with some semi-setting mastic so used something similar I had handy and is used on caravans. Now it’s wait and see!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So I got myself a front runner roof rack, and then I picked up an autohome roof tent. Unfortunately the tent was the exact same size as the rack so didn't fit properly. Ordered some longer side rails and another slat and today @Rosy came round and helped me out, cheers buddy!
It now fits :)
20180324_152155.jpg 20180324_152124.jpg 20180324_152116.jpg 20180324_173238.jpg

Nothing landcruiser related but started the spring clean and detailing of the Beemer, I've got a weekend put aside in April to do the full car, need to take the winter wheels off and do a wheel alignment too.

While the normal wheels are still removed I gave them a clean

20180324_211753.jpg

20180324_211812.jpg

They're washed (with a hosepipe), dried then sprayed with fallout remover, washed again and dried. Polished then sealed with ceramic wax. (The mounting surface just gets a wipe over)
It makes cleaning them through the year easy as brake dust etc just rinses away with water.

The car will take me 2 days to fully detail and will obviously take some pics.

The 80 will get the same treatment soon enough too but that's still broken.

what kind of ceramic wax do you use? I've been meaning to spend some time researching this new nano ceramic wax to try out on the truck. Helps keeping her clean longer and protects the paint

I'm using gyeon quartz products and the paint work will get an additional coat of siquartz wax (from a company called valeting products)
The finish and protection all comes down to the prepwork.

I rinse, snow foam, rinse, wash with shampoo (2 buckets, 1 with soap 1 with water to rinse the mit) fallout remover, rinse, clay bar, wash again then dry (pat dry not rub). Machine polish but only use cutting compound if needed, I tend to use normal polish and change the head on the polisher. Panel wipe the body then polish by hand and start applying the sealants and waxes.
I change cloths regularly too.

Interior and glass gets fully cleaned and protected too.

The problem I’ve found with many polishing products is they dry white which is fine if you have a white or light coloured car but on a dark colour it shows every scratch and tiny stone chip. I stopped using AG super resin polish for that reason. I now use one of the ‘colour matched’ polishes which not only give just as much shine and protection but don’t show up any minor imperfections.

The problem I’ve found with many polishing products is they dry white which is fine if you have a white or light coloured car but on a dark colour it shows every scratch and tiny stone chip. I stopped using AG super resin polish for that reason. I now use one of the ‘colour matched’ polishes which not only give just as much shine and protection but don’t show up any minor imperfections.

The super resin is a really good polish, it's good at masking minor scratches in clear coat as it's full of fillers, as you say though anything more it shows them as white scratches etc.
I use it as a base polish with the machine tbh. Not abrasive so doesn't create more work.
Ultra deep shine is good for dark colours too, hard work to get off if leave it on too long.
Some good tinted polishes available for various colours.

Thing to remember with most polishes is they need waxing over the top or a sealant to well seal it.
Polish will last a short time, wax will last longer, sealant then a hardwax lasts even longer.

Finally found some time to bin the AHC today, have had the parts sitting around for a while now. The ride quality is fantastic and if I had known I would have done it earlier, the AHC was all in good working order but struggled to keep the rear up whilst towing a boat back from Wales last year. With a repeat trip coming up shortly I thought it was time. Decided to go up a tyre size whilst at it.

IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1827.JPG IMG_1825.JPG

Finally found some time to bin the AHC today, have had the parts sitting around for a while now. The ride quality is fantastic and if I had known I would have done it earlier, the AHC was all in good working order but struggled to keep the rear up whilst towing a boat back from Wales last year. With a repeat trip coming up shortly I thought it was time. Decided to go up a tyre size whilst at it.

View attachment 142243 View attachment 142244 View attachment 142245

Let me get this straight Heaumey, is that a photo of the underside of your 2006 Hundee?

If it is, then jeez, it looks newer than new, still under 50k on the clock?

:clap::clap::clap:

The last few weeks my abs has been kicking in when it shouldn't. Last week I removed and cleaned the front sensors but no difference so with a little direction from Trev I read the codes and that pointed at rear drivers side. I hadn't pulled the back ones as the bolt to take them out looks a little tricky to get to. Today while changing the tyres over for lincomb I thought, ah, I'll take the drum off and have a look.
20180330_100642.jpg
The do hicky that holds the rear break shoe in had come off. Spring and big washer were sitting in the bottom of the drum and the retaining clip was stuck to the sensor.
The end of the sensor has been mushed, guessing the clip got wedged in there on its journey there.
20180330_101842.jpg

New sensor ordered.

Back