Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Serviced pick up Saturday, fitted some new front shockers to stiffen things up a bit and we've gone from one extreme to the other!

Mot today, flew through with a tweak or two for the emissions!

Sorted the leaking front windscreen and replaced the additional lights in the rear bumper (added drain holes to the new ones!)

Found some time to wire up the ARB lights, de-kid the inside and throw a bucket of water over the old girl.

121674F3-6F04-40ED-99FA-1629FE1DDED0.jpeg

Made a cb mount for 1 side and a light mount for the other . Just need to find a light that fits.

20190127_171423.jpg
20190127_171423.jpg
20190127_171414.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The cruiser got it's 4th timing belt today! Such an easy job on these. All done in an hour... Genuine Toyota kit from Roughtrax..

IMG_20190208_141826.jpg

IMG_20190208_143902.jpg

IMG_20190208_150444.jpg

Busy on the truck for a change today, Sam whipped out the transfer box & changed both the front & rear output seals that were leaking slightly, refitted the box, just the props to go back on.

Bolted up the steering box that we rebuilt a month or so ago, delayed as we had to get some longer bolts as I had welded plate to reinforce the chassis whilst it was off ( no signs of cracking etc but belt & braces), & the originals weren’t long enough.

Refitted the dried out headlamps, hopefully they will stay that way & it was the Russian river crossings that caused the water ingress.

Had a good clean out of the intercooler fins & everything behind the grill with the air gun.

Welded up the broken off front anti roll bar mount & exhast mount & refitted the exhaust.

Replaced the front brake pads which were quite worn down, & was pleasantly surprised how even the wear on all 4 pads was.

New oils all round.

Fitted new breather catch can.

Only a few more minor bits to do now then she’s back out of the garage, will drop the 170 long range tank at a later date to fit a sender & gauge that Kingtom kindly sent me, need to make a new bash guard for it too probably out af a big lump of 8mm Ali as the existing effort took a hammering last September & has various dents gouges & splits.

Must also refit the steps to the sliders to get rid of an annoying rattle & refit the torn off mud flaps.

Andy

Bit of a cleaning day for both motors today, keep the salt cleaned off as often as possible.
Not a bad pair.

20190210_125929.jpg

A good job there Gary considering Black is one of the hardest colours to keep clean and shiny! :thumbup:

A good job there Gary considering Black is one of the hardest colours to keep clean and shiny! :thumbup:

Cheers. They do take a fair bit of time and a lot of wax!! I've got a large collection of cleaning/detailing products. I actually enjoy doing it.

Started cleaning the summer wheels this eve too, they'll be getting polished and waxed before go back on.

20190210_202602.jpg

Nothing very exciting but gave the truck an oil change with new oil filter and air filter. Now 185k miles :thumbup:

Must have been feeling unwell, as I even hoovered and cleaned the interior! :icon-rolleyes:

4 wheel tracking after one of my sons returned from a 10 mph smack coming down a French mountain.

"It wasn't my fault Dad there was a person walking in the road":rage:

4 new tyres - Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 175/60 R18 :)

Last edited:
BigGreen has been on the ramp at work for a couple of days due to a stubborn bolt head that got stuck but back on the road today:

Oil/Filter change
New wheel bearing
New brake discs & pads & brake fluid
New rear drop links

Been saving bits since last year so nice to have it all done in one go.

The wobble has gone on braking now and its nice and quiet with the new bearings. Happy bunny.

Checked underside yesterday, derusted brake lines and gave them a coat of paint.
Cleaned in and out.
Mot
Passed today with some remarks on dented sills and a crack in the rear light cluster.
Very pleased (last year, the starter motor burnt out on the mot inspection pit!)

Had the LPG system serviced today - All running fine but I haven't changed the filters for a few years :oops:and thought it about time to have it done and maintain it in tip-top condition.

Total of 186k miles and counting on the truck with approx 86k of that done on LPG over the last 9 years and the BRC system works as well as it ever did, so can't complain. :thumbup:

Add: I only buy LPG from petrol stations - majority of fillups are from a local Shell station. Not sure whether that makes any difference, compared to the quality of fuel in marinas and other LPG wholesellers.

Last edited:
The clutch developed the “bird chirping” noise a couple of weeks ago. The mearest touch of the peddle putting a tad more pressure on the clutch arm stops it. More annoying than anything. The noise was coming from the ball pivot on the clutch arm so greased it up today and noise cured.

Back