Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Made this roof rack for the 12v project, But now thats come to an end I stuck it on the trusty workhorse, Nice musical Humming sound over 40 mph.... :thumbup: It does have a middle bar as well but was short of a stainless bolt or two....8X4 Internal, so handy enough
DSCF0157.JPG
DSCF0159.JPG
DSCF0161.JPG

Regardless of mileage covered I change the oil and air filter every year and fuel every two years. Served well thus far....

Injectors next on the list, just waiting for parts

Just as a comparison pricewise I bought brand new Denso from Charles Francis International in Wigan I think for £820 posted.

That's not bad Andy, still double compared the the refurb ones, but certainly a lot cheaper than from Toyota.

I'll see what they look like when they arrive, but others on here have use the same company

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just did a major service, oil and oil filter, air filter, brake pad check, lower ball joint check plus greasing the driveshafts and checking transfer case oil. Also re-routed my trans cooler through the radiator as well. Hose clips for these lines were so hard to do up!

Got covered in ATF and oil, and sufferd a severe case of hose clamp rage which upset my wife!

Glad my lower ball joints are OK have seen horror stories of these failing on the 90 series and 3rd gen 4-Runner.

@Shayne Out of interest what quantity of aqua steel did that work take? Just looking at ordering some - but not sure of the quantity needed. Thanks.

Btw anyone got tips on the fill port plugs on the front and back diff? Both mine are done up stupid tight, can't budge them with a 1/2in breaker bar.

Best way is to have a socket that has been flattened off - easy if you have a lathe of course. And better if you can use something like an impact gun. When you have a big bar on there effectively you are twisting and distorting the plug from one side. Using a rotary tool means you get an even 'axial' twist. It's like taking a jam jar lid off. If you squeeze it, it won't come off. Use the flat of your hand and it will. So rotary motion and a flatted socket.

Now the front one is different. That's an arse. I use some special short hex bars with a socket on the end, but it sounds like that's already what you're doing. I'm not sure that there is a trick. It's just brute force.

I do have a hex socket but that has a slightly rounded tip as well. Might take a couple of sockets to work and get a mate with a lathe to flatten them off. Can get a 19mm impact very slightly trimmed at the same time to fit my Kimberley alloys. Thanks for the tips Chris.

@Shayne Out of interest what quantity of aqua steel did that work take? Just looking at ordering some - but not sure of the quantity needed. Thanks.

I bought a 2.5 litre tub but where a paint brush couldn't reach i lashed loads on with a kitchen squirty bottle letting it run , and i have some left for when i get around to removing the fuel tank . Mine is a short wheel base remember .

Guess what I've been doing on the 80?!

The original part was steel pipe.
had to do a quick road side bypass.
20210320_125934.jpg

Started today on the rubbing down and aqua-steel starting at the back and working my way forward. Think this is going to be a “forth road bridge job” and will be never ending

Back