Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2002 collie or 2003 120 ??

:) nice comparison.

Remember also the 120 has a different gearbox, especially the later ones, as well as ATRC etc on the LC4 onwards. If none if those are decides then it will need to be the one with best maintenance records and in best overall condition.

Bear in mind too that the D-4D only appeared in the very last 120s then the 150 'Prado' in sunny South Africa, so either model you choose will be of interest ...

Thanks for all the help and advice. Given the fat will be used as a mommy wagon to cart kids to school and do the shopping etc it really is reliability and safety that comes first. I don't want to go above the budget set as it then does not make it worth while to export and I might as well get it n SA. I will keep my eyes pealed fora good deal on both and see what comes up.

What engines did they offer in SA I have seen alot of the 4l v6 petrol ones and D4d. did they do a early diesel there? I take it the D4d and running gear doesnt change as would it be hard to get parts for a early uk spec D4d.
have you looked into it Gary?
stu

Considering potential costs of export, and the current exchange rate - have you considered a Fortuner...

Agh Stu now you are just throwing spanners into the works.

Maybe i best can the whole idea and just get one out there.

Its a real mind .....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
we dont get the fortuner in the uk kevin so hard to get a cost comparason.
they are very good my brother in law has a newish one and loves it not missed a beat at all.
stu

Given it some more thought I think the best thing for me to do is still forge ahead and get a LC be it 90 or 120 and if the exchange rate remains in my favor sell it at the end of the year and take the money or if it strengthens at least I would have owned it for a year and have the option to export if I want.

Agh Stu now you are just throwing spanners into the works.

Maybe i best can the whole idea and just get one out there.

Its a real mind .....

I dont think you would get 1 and get it over there for that kind of money that link works out to be £11k which we dont know the millage and not sure what engine it has.

i have been looking for houses as the exchange rate is so good and we are looking to go down in 2 years.

look at this one http://www.privateproperty.co.za/soraya-street-florauna-s845464.htm

stu

:laughing-rolling:
Shayne, I had to laugh, just at the thought of the Dalai Lama, Tyson, Victoria Beckham and Angelina Jolie all in the same sentence, with the theme "best ride" :lol:

Otherwise, I'll keep quiet knowing nothing about 90s or 120s :?

i just got my wife the 330d and will sell that before we go and buy something out there. it does get cheaper per vehicle if you take 2 and a 40ft container just depends on how much stuff you take.

Very Nice Stu

I am hoping to go and look at the LC 120 for £5200 this weekend if its still about and at that price and if it is as good at he says it is it if worth taking a punt I think.

i dont think i would wait till the weekend at that price to be fair.

That same seller (the one with the £5.2k 120), is the same seller that is selling the "dodgy" 100 that I highlighted in my previous post. They have 29 other cars advertised on Gumtree currently - all of which seem under priced IMHO.

So I'd keep your wits about you, if you're serious about that 120.

I loved both my Coliies but I'd swap one for a 120 in a heart beat. I enjoyed every single mile I drove in it. You can't really compare them. All you can do is, as already said, compare ones that you actually go to look at. Fingers crossed for a mint 120 for shed Colorado money!

In blue obviously. Don't start!

I once went to look at a car off gumtree, and when I showed up at the address (large block of flats) I had to call the guy to come down. Turned out he wasn't actually there and he only arranged to meet punters there. We did a test drive and the car looked ok. The fun started with the paperwork which was clearly dodgy. He claimed to be a "private dealer". The car was definitely stolen. Afterwards I looked on gumtree again and discovered the same phone number was under several ads that were too good to be true.

Last edited:
i am shocked you are finding them so cheaply to be fair. got to look at them to see what they are like as a photo can hide alsorts of crap.
stu

Back