Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2002 collie or 2003 120 ??

I would say that overall my wife would rather have the safety of a 4x4 but in a slightly more car-like environment - so a 120 would be infinitely more preferable than the best concours 90 if you know what I mean.
Gumtree adds with cheap prices and no phone number generally ring the alarm bells for me.

109k is quite low, very low in fact.

Also, the advert states traction control, which I very much don't thing was on the 2003 's

Looks good though.

Gra

we dont get the fortuner in the uk kevin so hard to get a cost comparason.
they are very good my brother in law has a newish one and loves it not missed a beat at all.
stu

They are great. Folks have the 4.0 V6 petrol one and average 23mpg on that. 28mpg for long distance travel.

i am shocked you are finding them so cheaply to be fair. got to look at them to see what they are like as a photo can hide alsorts of crap.
I'm not! They've been popping up for this kind of money for over year now and now seem to be popping up at this kind of money even more frequently. You've got to bear in mind that this is a 2003 LC3 without leather or air suspension or ATRAC and is not much more than a 2002 Collie with a different body and interior. I think it's great that they are starting to become far more affordable to the masses and can't wait to start seeing more being modified and used for over landing, laning and Off-Roading :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
I have my heart set on an LC4 auto if I can get hold of one with a good body and full service history. Shout if you see one.

Yep im looking for an lc4 auto too, but im holding out for the later post 2005 with the extra Gear. in dark grey too :icon-biggrin: that way you still have coil springs all round and a headunit that is easily replaceable with an after market one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine is a 55 LC4 auto and I must say really happy with it, the goodies it comes with etc. Be careful of the newer ones, I think start of 2006 the car tax jumps quite a bit, mine has the newer gear box, which I know they kept in the models that followed. Only difference I think is that the upped the power.

If it was my choice as a daily driver and not a toy, I would go for the 120.

I have just checked the tax prices on Parkers if its correct, its like you said Tony as of march 2006 the yearly tax jumps to £475 per year but if you go for a 55 plate or under its £280 a year.

looks ok Warren cant beat it at that price with some goodies as well.

Thanks, just had a little birdie tell me that the millage has been fiddled with so will pass on this one.

It read 153k at the timing belt change and he is saying it has 121k on the clock so something does not stack up.

Thanks, just had a little birdie tell me that the millage has been fiddled with so will pass on this one.

It read 153k at the timing belt change and he is saying it has 121k on the clock so something does not stack up.
Timing belt change now reads 93k

Last edited:
Correct. When it went in to get done the mileage recorded by the garage was 153k !!!

if it drives nicely it doesnt matter what miles its done as long as its been looked after. I have seen vehicles with no miles go bang when they have not been looked after. i would look and check with dvla and the history to see whats the score as it could have been a typo if they are only going on what the advert is saying.
stu

Toyota has no recorded service history apart from a timing belt change at 153k. This one is not for me.

Could prove a bargain for someone willing to point out this unlikely and possibly illegal error , "i will take it off your hands for 3 grand and nothing said" . worth a try maybe the bumper cost about 1500 quid on its own .

Regardless of its provenance, not sure whether you knew it was the 3.0TD and not the D4D version. The Oz market never got the D4D engine in the 90 series.

If its Oz spec it could possibly read in Kms for the odometer and MPH on the speedo. the change of mileage maybe the kms corrected to miles. Both the 100 i bought and the petrol one I tested were with this configuration. I would ask if this is the case.

Andy

If its Oz spec it could possibly read in Kms for the odometer and MPH on the speedo. the change of mileage maybe the kms corrected to miles. Both the 100 i bought and the petrol one I tested were with this configuration. I would ask if this is the case.

Andy

That would certainly explain the anomaly with the readings, as 153k Kilometers is approx 95k miles.

Hmmm. So we guessing it's an import then. I have sent an email and am waiting for a reply. Let's see what they say. If it's around this weekend I might just go and have a look but it's a good 100miles from me.

Back