Alex
Ian
Karl, Hol and the dogs :)
Ryan
Tony Toyota
Reinhard and Ginta
James and Lucy
Dave helen

This is turning out to be an impressive event. Unfortunately I can't make it as the Mrs is in Ireland, but have a good weekend all

Looking forward to this weekend, will be there late Friday afternoon

Uñfortunately I wont be able to be there, the respray in Romania is not quite finished yet, so the next reincarnation of the Phoenix will be revealed at a later date

I'm starting to get excited. Counting down the hours.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is turning out to be an impressive event. Unfortunately I can't make it as the Mrs is in Ireland, but have a good weekend all
Ja, Ja, boet your off for a jol while swambo is away !!

Unfortunately I can't make this one either this time, Julie's having an operation on Friday ( unless its cancelled again).
Looks to be a good turnout going

Bloody hell Chas. Their dragging it out.
Well Karl it's been four weeks and you know how many dents there were all nice and smooth now and they did have to fit in other jobs along the way

Well Karl it's been four weeks and you know how many dents there were all nice and smooth now and they did have to fit in other jobs along the way

Dents....... I never saw any dents on it :)
Good job you didn't have to get back to work. Did they say it was going to be this long?

Good job you didn't have to get back to work. Did they say it was going to be this long?
Work? Yes I remember that:blush:
No dents? Remember that tree that smashed the rear door window you replaced for me? I dont think there was one undented panel on the truck including the roof where i jacked it into the garage roof before I had the tent. They did say it would be a long job because of all the damage they also did some small rebuilding of the front wings that were damaged by that Toyota dealers workshop wall :oops: after the winch bumper dug in. It's lòoking very good so far another job they did was to get the front and rear bumpers and rock sliders re-powder coated, the whole job has cost less than 3grand GBP :banana-rainbow:

Work? Yes I remember that:blush:
No dents? Remember that tree that smashed the rear door window you replaced for me? I dont think there was one undented panel on the truck including the roof where i jacked it into the garage roof before I had the tent. They did say it would be a long job because of all the damage they also did some small rebuilding of the front wings that were damaged by that Toyota dealers workshop wall :oops: after the winch bumper dug in. It's lòoking very good so far another job they did was to get the front and rear bumpers and rock sliders re-powder coated, the whole job has cost less than 3grand GBP :banana-rainbow:

I was joking mate lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result. Shame you couldn't make it. You will have to let us see some photos.

I'm gonna chip in here Karl, if you and Chas don't mind. The guys at the body shop only had photos of the Phoenix to go by, so the original plan led them to allocate a week dedicated to the truck.

Of course when it turned up in real life, and they saw its "certain patina", it was obvious that one week wouldn't cut it.

Sadly, week 2 had them busy with a pre-booked VW Golf in a similar state, so that had to take precedence.

Now we're into work-week 3 (4th week) and it's all the chosen colour now, but still has to be reassembled, glass, fixtures & fittings, you know the score.

He's had the bumpers sandblasted too and re-painted, so they have to go back on, it's been quite a job all in all but it's scheduled to be finished Friday.

If it is, we can get the roof rack and RTT back on this weekend and Chas can be on his way, Monday.

It's been fun having him around tbh, and he doesn't make a bad cuppa tea, either!

PS I'm not allowed to say this, but the Phoenix looks cool now, but I'm sworn to secrecy, and you're gonna have to wait for photos till he gets back home :shhh:

Till then,

drumroll...... :lol:

Last edited:
I'm gonna chip in here Karl, if you and Chas don't mind. The guys at the body shop only had photos of the Phoenix to go by, so the original plan led them to allocate a week dedicated to the truck.

Of course when it turned up in real life, and they saw its "certain patina", it was obvious that one week wouldn't cut it.

Sadly, week 2 had them busy with a pre-booked VW Golf in a similar state, so that had to take precedence.

Now we're into week 3 and it's all the chosen colour now, but still has to be reassembled, glass, fixtures & fittings, you know the score.

He's had the bumpers sandblasted too and re-painted, so they have to go back on, it's been quite a job all in all but it's scheduled to be finished Friday.

If it is, we can get the roof rack and RTT back on this weekend and Chas can be on his way, Monday.

It's been fun having him around tbh, and he doesn't make a bad cuppa tea, either!

PS I'm not allowed to say this, but the Phoenix looks cool now, but I'm sworn to secrecy, and you're gonna have to wait for photos till he gets back home :shhh:

Till then,

drumroll...... :lol:

That makes sense Clive.

I'm sure their heart dropped when they saw it in real life. I expect a price wasn't given lol.

I bet they thought all their Christmas had come at once. Ching Ching. Time to shut shop and retire now :)

They've done ok TBH, first mine, then a load of welding on Sam's (Bakkies) truck when he passed by earlier this year, and now the Phoenix!

I'll be taking club orders for them on a group buy basis, if this keeps up :lol:

I bet they thought all their Christmas had come at once. Ching Ching time to shut shop and retire now :)
Well I don't know how their price compares Romanian wise but in the UK it would be at least double and they have come reccomended

Back