Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb meets 2017

Like to thank all the organisers that made this happen, my first time there and won't be my last :) had a great time and got to meet some members to boot, the other half thought it was great too ( that always helps lol ) now looking forward to the next one, so thanks again and only a little damage to the cruiser ( steps ) think i need some sliders :)

Like to thank all the organisers that made this happen, my first time there and won't be my last :) had a great time and got to meet some members to boot, the other half thought it was great too ( that always helps lol ) now looking forward to the next one, so thanks again and only a little damage to the cruiser ( steps ) think i need some sliders :)
Just got home. Thanks to all involved for another great event. My mates and the kids had a wonderful time. A little damage and plenty of laughter. Looking forward to the next meet. Thanks again.

Just got home. Thanks to all involved for another great event. My mates and the kids had a wonderful time. A little damage and plenty of laughter. Looking forward to the next meet. Thanks again.

20170430_122840.jpg 20170429_203322.jpg

Made it home in under 2 hours. A new record. Roads were quiet. But some real slow fudders out there.
Everyone made it home pretty much on their own 4 wheels so that's good. Plenty of stories but no dramas.

Right, another Lincomb under the belt, nice to meet a few new members. Next meet up is Romania, put the kettle on Clive. :icon-wink:
Got home an hour ago, traffic good, stopped a couple of times for refreshments. While I was maneuvering to leave the site I managed to put a wheel on someones tool case get in touch and let me know the damage.

Last edited:
Got home an hour ago, traffic good, stopped a couple of times for refreshments. While I was maneuvering to leave the site I managed to put a wheel on someones tool case get in touch and let me know the damage.
It was my socket set case Chas. Please think nothing of it. Just a tin box mate. Thanks for your honesty it is admirable.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Karl & Trevor for organising another good weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it

Andy

I'd love to meet the bloke who built that. Must be a helluva guy, no? BTW it's the Silver Phoenix. Chas' is the Phoenix. The Silver one literally rose from the ashes.

Hey Tom, MOVE!!!!!

I'd love to meet the bloke who built that. Must be a helluva guy, no? BTW it's the Silver Phoenix. Chas' is the Phoenix. The Silver one literally rose from the ashes.

Hey Tom, MOVE!!!!!
My apologies

Yep found those steps, was coming down and didn't realise where i was, hence the bent steps lol

Thanks to Tony and the family yet again to allow us to use their business land/home to hold the meet.
As every meet,it was nice to see old and new faces.
It was a great meet and thanks to everyone who came and made it what it was

Hi All, Great Weekend, nice to meet up with everyone and make some new friends. thanks to Karl, Trevor and all organisers, got back no dramas just need to get a new CV\!!, apologies to all for Alf's air bed fail!, see you all on the next one cheers Jon

Hi All, Great Weekend, nice to meet up with everyone and make some new friends. thanks to Karl, Trevor and all organisers, got back no dramas just need to get a new CV\!!, apologies to all for Alf's air bed fail!, see you all on the next one cheers Jon
:text-+1: on all that.

I seized a short notice opportunity to get to Lincomb as a day visitor on Saturday, but that meant taking the car and not the cruiser; fortunately Ian Rubie was kind enough to offer me a seat in his 100 series.

It was great to catch up with lots of club members (after my year off), and also to put some new faces to names from the forum.

The conditions in the woods were excellent, dry and very grippy; the bluebells were out in force as well. Good fun seemed to be had by all, some punches lured a few people into practicing recovery techniques. The campground didn't miss out on the action either as a few failed CVs were attended to; top marks to all who helped out repairing the cruisers and offering the parts and tools required, real club spirit.

Below are a few shots of Ian decending the furthest decent from the top clearing in the wood down to the pylon clearing, tyre wear management was mandatory!

Amazingly capable truck considering its standard apart from a set of BFG AT2 tyres.

Thanks to all who organised a great meet, and Tony and Bec for having us.

IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0317.JPG IMG_0318.JPG IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0328.JPG IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for making us welcome on Saturday and we hope we can come for longer in September and perhaps say hello a few more people. Thanks especially to Andy and Maria for introducing us and encouraging us to come!

We too
DSCF9851.jpg
DSCF9865.jpg
DSCF9870.jpg
found the steps when we were in the woods and found our way down them, somehow!

Cheers, Dave and Liz

Well another Lincombe visit. Unfortunately due to circumstances we didn't stay over but we had a fabulous day dragging Dave and Liz along who were blown away with the friendliness and camaraderie this forum is famous for.
I'd like to thank Karl and Trevor for organising and still think 2 meetings a year isn't enough. It was great to see old faces I've known for years and new ones to hear of their proposed mods and future adventures for which I wish them the best of fortune.
Last I'd like to say it was nice to see me old mate of 20 years Tony who one again cooked Maria and I our tea, he's really getting quite good at this BBQ malarkey.
Lookes like everyone had a great time and got home safely which is the main thing and can't wait till the next one.

Great day trip on Saturday! I'd have loved to stay over, next time I'll have invested in a replacement tent for the one that got run over in France a couple of years ago... The 70 surprised me, it was the first time I've driven it off road and the diff locks (even though I accidentally knocked them off mid ascent then had to winch out before realising...) make an incredible difference. Thanks to young Alfie for his very professional help winching and punching! Nice to see everyone!

Back