Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Sat 15th - Sun 16th October

Sorry for the thread hijack - but where are you going for the rust-proofing?

(I did a search but couldn't find amention elsewhere......please free to PM if easier. Thanks)

It may surprise you Rich i know i wasn't expecting a busy equestrian centre immaculately organized with a speed limit for on site traffic , we reprobates are hidden from the good people in a field at the far left after all the horsey stuff . Toilets/showers are a short walk from where we stay and the off road shenanigans take place when we exit the farm and drive a couple of hundred yards down the road .

Sorry for the thread hijack - but where are you going for the rust-proofing?

(I did a search but couldn't find amention elsewhere......please free to PM if easier. Thanks)
Krown UK http://www.krownuk.co.uk/uk/krown_application/Rust_treatment_process
Two guys from Latvia. They had a stall at Stratford and have only been going 6 months or so. Seemed pretty solid guys and apparently 100% feedback on their Facebook site where they get most of their business. Krown itself is Canadian and has been around for some 30 years or so.
Pretty reasonable at under £350 and seemed to be working pretty well on their demo door.

Thanks for the swift response - I'll check them out.

Would be great to hear your feedback once you've had your truck done. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Getting worried now because i lost a rear quarter window retainer in Romania and ordered a new one (three) when i got home . It was only when i removed the window that i realized the retainers comes without the required rubber gasket/seal :doh:so i can only hope it gets here on time or no doubt the window will break in Lincomb forest . Also i can't fit the new sidesteps because they went to get blasted before paint and they are still there and my precision engineering failed to save me old steps :lol:
bent step 001.JPG

Good news is i opened the tent today for the first time since the Salisbury meet and nothing has been eaten or fell off :icon-biggrin:

On the heating side of things (i can't find a specific thread ?) i just chanced upon this stuff and because my full knowledge of electricity is exhausted at - it's like water but it flows through wires instead of pipes and its not wet FULL STOP . I wondered if it may be of use to someone who understands such things ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/camper-va...062134?hash=item3acb5e5cb6:g:Aq0AAOSw6n5XwEq-

Thanks for the swift response - I'll check them out.

Would be great to hear your feedback once you've had your truck done. :thumbup:

Try Trevor and edd as well mate.
I've been looking at a product call buzz weld for some time. Last time I was chatting with Trevor he said they are now doing it. By all accounts (not Trevor) it's the best on the market.

Don't think they've actually started yet Karl. They need a degree of interest first I think before taking the plunge. I am interested but also looking at the Krown stuff that Rich is having done on Monday. They're different processes and materials. I'd like to see what they turn out like just in case, one day, I end up with a really tidy 80. I also liked the process that Chrischevvy80 used on that full chassis restoration. Now that would be something.

looking forward to meeting the wider gang!

Hey who you calling wide???

I'm just big-boned, that's all ...

You can all admire my lspv bracket, it got a quick coating of the buzzweld stuff.

Don't think they've actually started yet Karl. They need a degree of interest first I think before taking the plunge. I am interested but also looking at the Krown stuff that Rich is having done on Monday. They're different processes and materials. I'd like to see what they turn out like just in case, one day, I end up with a really tidy 80. I also liked the process that Chrischevvy80 used on that full chassis restoration. Now that would be something.

I may be wrong Chris but I'm sure they have already done a couple of trucks.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Work gets in my way for a change.

Hello All.

Im Very sorry but i need to cancel my booking. I have work commitments that i cant swerve:icon-cry:.
Its a shame as the LC's sitting on the drive all serviced with freshly painted sump guard back on.
I booked online, how do "Unbook" myself?

No probs Joe, I'll unbook from the spreadsheet, hopefully next time.

No probs Joe, I'll unbook from the spreadsheet, hopefully next time.
As you know Trev I will have to bale out as well if you could do the necessary please.

Back