Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my grey 80

snap! i've got exactly the same color on a 96 model,mines a gs uk spec.
ram

Snap again, mines a GS too and the same colour (the best colour!!!!)

DSCF0193.jpg

I think I know another club member with one this colour.

Andy :thumbup:

AndycruiserguyLomas said:

DSCF0193.jpg

fixed the pic link :thumbup:

AndycruiserguyLomas said:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/AndycruiserguyLomas/DSCF0193.jpg[/I

Andy :thumbup:[/quote]

And who would that be mr lomas :D

Yep, its me... so snap again :thumbup:

Going to get a post started on mine tonight..... Not quite the same condition as the others though.............Alot of work to be done :lol:

Yep Karl it will be interesting to see. By the way an going to Whitby today in the red 12V manual,50% business and 50% pleasure day out. She is brimmed and zero'd so I can report on the MPG when I get back. Yesterday drained the gearbox of EP90 that the PO had put in in his wisdom and replaced with fully synthetic gear fluid. Its like driving a brand new box,slicker change when stone cold etc, its well worth doing. Rear shocks were changed while it was up in the air, I'm sure they were original 91 vintage, tired but not leaking but a better tighter ride now.
Get some pics of the grey one up!!!

Off to Whitby now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
inspired by Steven's RAM mount thread I ordered some bits to try out for mounting my monitor. Not exactly a cheap option as the few bits here were £97 but it saves me some time with making something myself. I've experimented with a few different monitor positions and I find on top of the middle of the dash best because I can see the monitor and the road ahead at the same time and tend to wander less!

So I found a bit of 6mm plate in my scrap bin the right sort of size and put a slight bend in it because the dash curves slightly
[attachment=5:1dxp4i4c]IMAG0861.jpg[/attachment:1dxp4i4c]
Drilled and tapped some holes to mount a ball
[attachment=4:1dxp4i4c]IMAG0862.jpg[/attachment:1dxp4i4c]
Painted it grey and stuck it to the dash with double sided sticky foam. Not exactly an OEM look :lol:
[attachment=3:1dxp4i4c]IMAG0874.jpg[/attachment:1dxp4i4c]
Added a short arm, another ball and a slide-n-lock for the monitor
[attachment=2:1dxp4i4c]IMAG0869.jpg[/attachment:1dxp4i4c]
The other half of the slide-n-lock goes on the monitor
[attachment=1:1dxp4i4c]IMAG0871.jpg[/attachment:1dxp4i4c]
Then slide the monitor into place :thumbup:
[attachment=0:1dxp4i4c]IMAG0873.jpg[/attachment:1dxp4i4c]
All nice and solid and if there's any sign of wobble I'll adjust it till the monitor is resting on the dash :)

Attachments

• IMAG0861.jpg
    IMAG0861.jpg
    958 KB · Views: 370
  • IMAG0862.jpg
    IMAG0862.jpg
    938.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMAG0874.jpg
    IMAG0874.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 461
  • IMAG0869.jpg
    IMAG0869.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0871.jpg
    IMAG0871.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 408
Interesting Jon, out of interest, why have the ball closer to the windscreen as opposed to the monitor?

TonyP said:
Interesting Jon, out of interest, why have the ball closer to the windscreen as opposed to the monitor?
Keeps its range of motion roughly over the top of the dash instead of sticking out from the dash a lot. I find the closer the monitor is to the screen the better you can see the road ahead and the screen at the same time.

Ah, as usual you looked at it from a different perspective. Makes sense when you put it like that!

Looks good Jon :)

Hear what you're saying about the price of the RAM - Mount gear! I spent nearly £110.00 on what I did, but it's very sexy & seems to work well :D Interesting what you've said about putting the monitor nearer to the windscreen so it's in your eye line while driving as I've gone the other way with mine so I'm not having to lean forward to Zoom in etc :) Got me all thinky now :think: :) ;)

I deliberated about the length of arm to get and went with a standard length one but now it's in place I will probably get a short one to try as it's further forward than I'd originally planned. If the screen is off to the side and maybe out from the dash quite a way I find it quite distracting compared to being at the screen but that could just be me :)

Quite a few delivery van visits here this week :) Some of the new toys to play with this weekend:

[attachment=2:3965w9cw]IMAG0881.jpg[/attachment:3965w9cw]

[attachment=1:3965w9cw]IMAG0882.jpg[/attachment:3965w9cw]

[attachment=0:3965w9cw]IMAG0884.jpg[/attachment:3965w9cw]

Should be getting some drawer frames and a load guard built this weekend then I can move on to the aux battery and split charging system :)

Jon any reason you went for the sterling unit over Ctek or other?

I was happy with the Stirling charger I put in the 100 so I just looked at the Stirling products this time and this one is waterproof so I can strap it to the chassis or similar. Do Ctek do a waterproof one then?

I think the ctek D250 one is meant to in IP76 rated - will check

Back