Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my grey 80

No, large dog is getting the small bit of the boot! :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
I'm using the HD slides pictured earlier in the thread. It's not a cheap option and I did think about using up the bearings I already have and a couple of variations on that idea but in the end it's just much simpler to spend the money and be done with it :) Got them from here , 2 pairs of the 1016mm length ones, prices are ex VAT ;) They are very heavy duty, the 113kg rating must include a safety factor.

The link isn't working Jon, could you repost please

Strange, they must have been messing with their site layout. I've fixed the link in that post and here is is again :) To actually buy some you have to click on the 'Buy' link just above the tabbed area, not very obvious IMO.

EDIT: their site must be broke, just noticed if I click the buy link it gives the same error as my initial posted link :(

Got a bit more done, top side is finished, just the drawers to sort out now.
[attachment=0:2mzilcxy]IMAG0983.jpg[/attachment:2mzilcxy]

Attachments

• IMAG0983.jpg
    IMAG0983.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 452
Looking very good Jon, but you spoil that dog, his own apartment with plush red carpet :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Chas, have to keep the dog happy to keep the mrs happy :roll:

Looking good Jon :thumbup:

How heavy would you say the frame was for the draws before they went in?

Karl

Re: Re: my grey 80

karl webster said:
Looking good Jon :thumbup:

Karl

With the tops on it weighs 32kg, still to add drawers to that of course. Dog guard and dividers 7kg. Not very heavy compared to some I've made so they must have been very heavy!

It's not shown in the picture but I tucked an aux (100ah) battery in a plastic battery box behind the fridge and connected the Stirling DC-DC charger to keep it topped up while we were away this weekend. The aux battery should end up on a bracket hanging off the side of the chassis under the passenger seat where there's space for it but I ran out of time to sort that out along with a few other things :roll:

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="karl webster":3h9843nb]Looking good Jon :thumbup:

Karl

With the tops on it weighs 32kg, still to add drawers to that of course. Dog guard and dividers 7kg. Not very heavy compared to some I've made so they must have been very heavy![/quote:3h9843nb]

Not bad at all. Have the draws been made yet then?

karl webster said:
Have the draws been made yet then?
No, not had time yet but should get round to sorting those out in the next few weeks.

I seem to have been running about getting things more than actually doing things on the truck recently but I put some lights in the upper tailgate at the weekend and this evening cut out a bit of ply from a work platform for the lower tailgate and stuck rivnuts in the trim clip holes to bolt it down to. It'll do for now and will serve as a template if I go for something else.
[attachment=0:26mdo4e4]IMAG1001.jpg[/attachment:26mdo4e4]

Attachments

• IMAG1001.jpg
    IMAG1001.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 361
I swear I should have started a book on this lot - odds were definitely in my favour :dance:

looks great, JW

Gary Stockton said:
I swear I should have started a book on this lot - odds were definitely in my favour :dance:

looks great, JW

:lol: Hes asked me to keep my eye out for some 36 simex gary :lol:

The Audi rehab didnt work. The habit has come back :lol:

I suppose that when you go through a few iterations of modifying vehicles, you know what you like and what works for you and you try to come up the optimal solution. Looks good Jon.

Back