Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Navigation on a tablet

It's probably worth waiting the week or so till the Win8 devices come out. Just another option, although not sure I would want to be a early adopter of any Windows OS.....

It was the apple salesperson who told me that the ipad was the best option.....

I have a mate who is well into his iphone, I will seek his wisdom, but if I can use the samsung then at £250.00 its a decent deal, I can buy it through the company as well, so I reclaim 20% of £300.00 !! This brings the cost to me down to £190.00.

I need to make a decision before there are more options :think:

Me too, looks like Santa might bring me an iPad if I'm good...

I really do want sat-nav on it. I fancy the big screen GPS idea and from all the postings it seems that I'll be able to use it as a GPS.

But c'mon, I had to laugh at this guy...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gpy-UhmWsOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Insane use of rolls of sellotape! :eusa-naughty: (sorry folks, I still can't embed... can someone drop me a clue please 'cos Im IT illiterate!)

edit: wow! it works!

Last edited:
Quite fancy one of those to play with :think: No memory card slot for extra storage that I can see though.

This is the model that I keep coming back to as well.......also the lack of SD card slot worried me at first, but then I thought that if I really needed more space, what's the problem with connecting a USB cable and a memory stick?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmmm looking now at the Galaxy 2, 7" screen, GPS and Bluetooth facilty, micro SD card inlet.....no usb, but that adaptor looks like the bizz.
£199 with £30 cashbck, but have to purchase before 31st Oct.

For £80 more you can get the 10.1" screen, with 16gb memory...

I'm hoping to get one tomorrow!

Pete

I only want the 7"...plenty big enough to carry about with me. 10 is too big for my purposes, thanks

Where / who is offering the end of month deal, guys??

I've got one of the HP Touchpads that they sold off cheap in their firesale. Picked one up off ebay from £120 a while back and put Cyanogenmod, a modified version of android, on it. Its a nice 10.1 screen, decent processor which I've clocked up a little, 32gb on board memory. Easy enough to use with the pc, tether to my htc android phone (also modded), etc.

I personally wouldn't go for any of the really cheap tablets. You get what you pay for as they say. The HP though is equivalent to something like the samsung galaxy though and because of the fire sale they seem to be great value on ebay. Lots of people bought them and never really used them because HP OS wasn't being kept updated. 20 mins of fiddling around though and you can have it running android, suddenly making it an altogether more useful tool. :icon-biggrin:

The money back deal is a standard Samsung offer, so you get it on top of any deal the shop offers, although the pc world offer is the same deal, so you dont get £30 off AND £30 back from Samsung.

Pete

Yep PCWorld do indeed have £30 off of the Nexus at the moment and Heathrow branch have 151 in stock?/???

Reason is that Nexus have a newer version out on tuesday.....32GB memory.......so that is what we have pre ordered, it was the one that I liked from early on, the only thing that held me back slightly, and pushed me toward the Samsung, was the lack of microcard slot in the Nexus......but with 32GB of memory, I don't think it will be an issue.

And you have to claim back from Samsung between 15 and 60 days of purchase....any claims outsdie these dates WILL be rejected.

Last edited:
Does it have to be a Tablet??? I only ask because a phone does what you want & a lot more.

Have a look at the Motorola Atrix & its various docking options, Lapdock, Cardock, HD Dock, I have one with all the docks it is utterly brilliant I am on it now writing this, it has completely replaced our home PC piece of crap. They are now quite cheap too.

No it doesn't have to be a tablet.........just that the tablet has the larger screen.
Mine will be used mainly in the van when I am on duty, parked up, waiting for work to come in, I can sit there, hopefully with a wi-fi spot, and browse, or read a book.
And when out and about in the cruiser, use as a sat nav, green lane finding device? or on longer journeys a video player for my daughter and soon to be grandchild.

Back