Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old musicians / performers

For me I mostly listen to the radio while I'm in range. Otherwise it can be anything really. Often simply what's in the car. It then gets played to death. One album that's stood the test and keeps coming back out is Don Henley, The End Of The Innocence. Which brings me to a great song, that's also a great driving song, and some others too
Don Henley. Boys of summer.
Brian Adams Run to you
Pat Benatar, Love is a battlefield

You need to add the Cardigans, My favourite game to that list.
It earned me 3 points and a 60 pound fine :) The guitar riff is epic.

And this one

I never realised they were Swedish…

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was talking about taking my guitar on our Alps trip (off tomorrow) my Mrs says I should learn a French song for the trip, said i couldn't even think of a French song, she comes up with this...

I say that's not French, "no, but you could do it in a French accent" :lol:

I was talking about taking my guitar on our Alps trip (off tomorrow) my Mrs says I should learn a French song for the trip, said i couldn't even think of a French song, she comes up with this...

Alo-Alo styley :lol:

That's always been one of my favourite blasts from the past, can anybody name his only other hit recording?
Without googling!

That's always been one of my favourite blasts from the past, can anybody name his only other hit recording?
Without googling!

No, I had to google it, but I do remember it.... No 10 in the UK charts at the time.

Went to see an 'Old Musician' the other evening. Jean Michel Jarre. Never seen him in concert before but got a few of his albums. It was like meeting up with an old friend. Lots of material I hadn't heard, lots I had and probably the very best visual show I have ever seen.

IMG_9372.JPG
IMG_9603.JPG
IMG_9637.JPG IMG_9652.JPG IMG_9673.JPG IMG_9679.JPG

The last one is not too clear but it really made me laugh. His Equinox album had a cover with loads of figures looking outwards through binoculars. The last is the same with smart phones!

The whole thing was produced in movable, LED screens which were at the back and the front of the stage in sections like sliding doors. It was also possible to see through them like a grille.

Full concert on YouTube.

Last edited:
Nice one Rich!

In his hay day, he used to project onto sky-scrapers and the like IIRC.

I haven't listened to him for ages, nice resurrection!

What can i say - my record collection generally depended on what pub i was in :obscene-drinkingch:

I get that Shayne. :thumbup: It's not to everyone's taste. I like it and Lynn was surprised that she enjoyed it. Granted, there's some of it I didn't like. But not much.
Nothing wrong with The Shadows. :character-cookiemo:

Another to add to the memory list, not everyone's favorite but a huge presence and much respect to Leonard Cohen, who died on Thursday aged 82.

Back