Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SHOOT ME!

I'm on my 3rd D-Max, now a 1.9 Blade auto, I pull 3.5 ton most of the time and 1 year on and 25k it has been faultless and out performs the older 2.5 engine
What year and model are we talking David.. Am I right in thinking Toyota have their fingers in Isuzus pie or was that Subaru ? Maybe both.

Ok, it’s time for a wee confession.

I entered enemy territory today. I had a site meeting with a chap I’ve seen a few times that was itching to get one of the new Discoveries. Well he rolled up in it today and invited me to hop in. Well, I didn’t want to seem rude so I did just that.

First impressions were that it seemed quite roomy though nowhere near as tall or off road styled as it’s predecessors. Good driving position, seat seemed pretty comfy. Loads of gadgets and gizmos in a dash that looked nicely designed. The gear …err thingy (tuning knob?) rises up when you start it…why? It can only be a selling point just because and the handbrake looks like a suitcase latch but generally the whole thing on the surface looked pretty neat and build quality looked good. Very good in fact. As a family car I think it’s up there with the best for layout and interior space. The guy loves it, even though he has done his homework in knowing there were some horror stories. Time will tell I guess but try as I might I couldn’t fault it for what it was.

Do I want one…nah. It didn’t do anything for me. Not a thing. Even when imagining it was made by Toyota or Mitsubishi.
AH!!! see. You've been bitten, I bet you had your arm out the window pretending your driving round the Estate with the Butler counting your Deer. Go on admit it ... you'll be getting an old Td5 before ya know it :icon-biggrin:

There's a reasonable priced 100 (petrol/LPG) on the Facebook Toyota Landcruiser Mart UK group. It's green, 52 reg, 145k, £7k.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-L...80-SERIES-4X4-EXPORT-LIKE-AMAZON/253729655691 Don't Laugh but this has been on ebay for a long long time.. is it worth a shot ? MOT history isn't that devastating 154,000 miles, Some guy has just agreed to buy my tri axle trailer.. So now its a whole new game.. I can get this get it on the ramp, keep the collie, until the 80 is done.. etc etc. Might need some advise from the 80 owners... Before I view it I know its not going to be pretty underneath.. WELL ? (Any members in the Cheltenham area)

Last edited:
What year and model are we talking David.. Am I right in thinking Toyota have their fingers in Isuzus pie or was that Subaru ? Maybe both.
2017 Blade

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Talbot Horizon :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:
I know I use to have one Clive...:lol:

icon_lol[1].gif

Was that the Rally going version. I might be wrong.. Still tapped it tits off I bet.:)

“Singer” they were part of the same Rootes Group IIRC, Humber, Hillman, Sunbeam, Singer...

“Singer” they were part of the same Rootes Group IIRC, Humber, Hillman, Sunbeam, Singer...
If I remember did Talbot make a sporty little number called a Samba,. I always thought Talbot had some connection with Peugeot... the Samba was Talbots attempt at a 205 GTi ... A cross between a 205 GTi and a 504 pick up.... It 'wor' Shit anyway..

Lotus certainly knew how to ring the living daylights out of an engine.. I remember my mates Dad having the Lotus carlton.. an old Lreg of a thing. use to scare us to death..
Wasn’t it the fastest production car on the road at the time?

Back